new build first time help

pacoman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi decided to build a computer for my 9 y/o daughter, trying to build one as cheap as possible will be used mostly for internet and older games sims 2/3 mabey. could anyone advise me if these parts are compatible or have any suggestions

case Black Mid Tower Gaming Case With 12cm Tri-Colour Front.. | Ebuyer.com

mobo Scan.co.uk: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Intel G31 Express 775 Motherboard

cpu Scan.co.uk: Intel CPU Celeron E3300 Dual Core Processor - BX80571E3300

psu Scan.co.uk: EZCool PS-10 Silent 500W Power Supply (PSU)

ram Crucial 2GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Non-ECC.. | Ebuyer.com

I have a 120 gig hard drive and a dvd drive from an older pc that can go in and not picked a graphics card yet but will need to be cheap.

thanks for any help you,s can give me :)

Yeah looks like a good budget build, though you dont really need a 500w PSU.

Budget build are all well and good but i cant stress enough to have a good quailty PSU. They dont cost much more and when budget PSU dies and it will die it can take the other parts with making 1 big waste of money. May i suggest something like a corsair 450w perfect with good RMA if neeed.

Excellent little mobo: just built one into a media center (watch on Home Theatre forum for build review). Find a few more pounds and marry it with an E5500. 2Gb is adequate and you can always pop in another 2 when it starts to labour.

This graphics card will meet all her needs, drive her tv via hdmi and free up the cpu. XFX HD 5450 650MHz 512MB DDR3 HDMI DVI VGA PCI-E.. | Ebuyer.com Don't forget to buy the hdmi cable and a kettle lead.

Not convinced about psus taking out other components: I've replaced 3 in my life and have never had any other component fail. 350W will be enough.

W7HP recommended.

Not convinced about psus taking out other components: I've replaced 3 in my life and have never had any other component fail. 350W will be enough.

W7HP recommended.

Its a fact not a theroy, a lesser psu does not have in built protection and can take out other components. I fix about 5 pc per month due to poor PSU causing mutliple problems.

Corsair, be quite, Enermax , Antec are ocz are all worth the money

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom