• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question New budget TV 600€ 49" (£530)

serralha

Novice Member
Hi guys, first thread here and I need some help...
Until a few nights ago I´ve had an LG 32LK430, a simple FHD 32 inch LCD.
LG 32 Full HD LCD TV | LG EG_EN

Bought it 5 or 6 years ago and suddenly it turned off, never turning on again and if I was ready to get a newer TV before all this, now is the time.

So, I´m on a budget (around 600€) and I´m a bit lost, don´t really know which to buy.

I watch a lot of TV shows and movies, and my ISP provider now offers 4k TV which made me interested, but don´t really know if if my budget allows a TV for that.

I was looking for a good TV not smaller than 43", I guess 49" would be the sweet spot, hence I´ll be watching TV maybe 2 meters away from it...

Don´t really know my way around all of these new TV technologies, all I know is that i don´t need more than 2 HDMI ports :D

I´ve been looking at Hisense TV´s, such as 49H3000... Found it at 442€ (387.94GBP).

Another options on physical and online shops are:
49'' SHARP LC49CUF8372ES
49'' SAMSUNG UE49K5100A
43'' LG 43UJ630V
55'' HISENSE 55M3300
49" Hisense 49M3000

Could you give some insight on this?

serralha

Novice Member
Thank you for the heads up, the distance it really is big to benefit UHD. Considering that, I might go with a FHD TV.

And regarding FHD TV´s, I´ve been looking at Samsung 49K6300, what do you think about this one?

Regarding my broken LG, I will ask how much it costs to fix it, but I´m not sure if it´s worth it.

serralha

Novice Member
Didn´t remember eBay, that might be a good idea. I´ll do some research.

One thing though, do you think that for the budget I have, I could get a much better deal than K6300?

Dodgexander

I don't really know what prices are like in Portugal so I can't really say. At least here the K5500 is better value than the K6300. Usually you pay a premium for the curve and the TV itself isn't that much better. You might find one or two things that are better on the K6300 but nothing that really effects PQ. K5500/K5510 is fine.

serralha

Novice Member
In Portugal they´re expensive, hence why I´m planning to buy on a Spanish shop.
The 49K6300 costs 497€, which makes it one of the best options, since I didn´t want a smaller panel than that.
Samsung 49K6300 49" LED Curvo | PcComponentes

The K5500 costs about 550€, and they do not appear to have the K5510.

EDIT: The 49K6300 costs around 650 to 700€ in PT. Seems a good deal buying from another country.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom