Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New box - old bits ??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mrmcdean, Jan 11, 2005.

1. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ive been trying to build a pc for the last few months but for numerous reasons have not managed it yet.

Due to lack of space I need a SFF case - Shuttle or the ones from MSI (any opinions on the MSI would be great as im having trouble finding some)

The problem is, due to recent baby and mariage I cant afford to do it all at once, my main question is : would it be possible to take an old 733mhz processor (I think its a Celeron) and put it into a Shuttle or similar case as well as a 3d Prophet video card - both were reasonable 4 years ago although I appreciate that things have moved on somewhat. Im pretty sure this isnt possible but you never know !

The only alternative is to leave everything in the noisy old box the size of a fridge freezer on the dining table for a few more months.

Many thanks

2. jasi

jasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I just moved the components from my old pc into an antec aria sff case which was very easy and its not bad looking either. As long as you have a matx motherboard I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. Having said that you would have to check the size of your heatsink - mine didn't fit at first because the psu doesn't leave much room underneath.