1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Blend Mode in Photoshop CS

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Peakoverload, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Peakoverload

Peakoverload

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    I'm trying to write a tutorial on the various blend modes in Photoshop but there is one new one in Photoshop CS that isnt listed in the help files or manual and to be honest I can't work out what it does either from applying it. It's called Hard Mix. Does anyone here know how you would describe what it does? All the others are relatively easy to explain but Hard Mix has me stumped.

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    "The new hard mix blending mode produces a posterized image consisting of up to 8 colours: Red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow, black and white. The blend colour is a product of the base colour, and the luminosity of the blend layer"

Page 7 bottom right corner http://www.ekdahl.org/PDF_filer/What_is_new_in_CS.pdf

3. Peakoverload

Peakoverload

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Excellent. Thanks for that. That starts to make some sense now although for the life of me I can't think when you would want to use it :D

Useful and interesting PDF as well if anyone is thinking about upgrading to PS CS.