1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New BFD with Dual Velodynes

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by BassThatHz, Oct 17, 2004.

1. BassThatHz

BassThatHz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After moving to a new house and discovering that the room acoustics were quite disappointing :mad: , I thought I would give a BFD a try. So I purchased one off eBay to EQ my two Velodyne subs. :thumbsup:

I tried many various placements during the shipping period and was beginning to loose all hope :rolleyes: then… bam there it was…the right place. This being my first attempt at EQ'ing with a BFD I thought I would post my freq-resp to see if the more exprienced EQ'ers (or the like) had any thoughts to my results, good or bad. ;)

I ended up using 12 of the 24 filters (6 per sub/channel), 1 @ -15 to reduce SPL below the lowest rated freq, 2 to tame the peaks and the final 3 to reduce upper harmonics and stress on the crossovers -13 @ 500hz, -24 @ 1khz, -48 @ 5khz.

IMHO this is the best results i've had with these dual subs in over 2 years.

(I'm new to this forum...so i hope that this attachment thing works properly!)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I think that a lot of people would have been fairly happy with a curve like your "before" as we have seen a lot worse on here. The pink line looks as flat as you can get it without using a ruler and although you have said that it is the best result that you have managed I assume that you are happy with the sound too.

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as it sounds good to you then that is the most important thing and you do seem happy with the results. :smashin:

John :)

4. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    line looks fine - but you did lose something in the 20-25 Hz range (especially in the 20Hz mark)

5. BassThatHz

BassThatHz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it was only pure luck that I stumbled on the correct room placement before the BFD arrived. I did notice the -1 dip at 25hz, probably just a small phase issues of the two drivers or a flaw is the RS meter. The steep -15db roll-off at 20hz was done on purpose and I couldn't be happier with the results (not like its an SVS/DD-12/etc).