New AVR! Zone 2 audio & video over HDMI

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by drummermandan02, Jun 24, 2015.

1. drummermandan02

drummermandan02
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!
    Ok, I am in the market for a new AVR!
    I was looking at the Onkyo TX-NR646, but could easily be swayed towards another if anyone has any advice.
    But one feature that I would really like is the ability to Output audio & video over HDMI to another Zone - the 2 zones being my lounge & bedroom.
    I have a mirroring system using the Neet HDMI over CAT6 & that works ok - although I haven't had it properly running through my current AVR (Denon 1910) yet.
    Are there any AVR's out there that people know of that would give me the ability to clone or even have the option of a seperate audio & video signal from the AVR to my bedroom TV?

But here might be the stumbling point... My budget is going to be around the £700 max mark. I have seen the Onkyo TX-NR1080 has this feature, but that AVR is pushing on £2k :eek:

So if anybody could help, then that would be great.

Just quickly if anybody could help advise on a better AVR than the TX-NR646, I would be looking to make it as future-proof as possible, so 4k & HDCP 2.2 & at least 7.2.
    The thing that attracted me to the TX-NR646 was the Atmos feature & the DTS:X.

Thanks in advance :)

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,443
    You may want to wait until the other AVR manufacturers release their new models as this will give you more choice. Certainly Denon have had a second zone HDMI output on some of their mid range AVRs so this could bring this requirement within budget for you.

3. drummermandan02

drummermandan02
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When do the other manufactures tend to release their AVR's by?

4. casjen

casjen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +407