Answered New AVR sound dropping out when switching cable channels?

Kimandkelly

Novice Member
Reaction score
Please can anyone help?

We have purchased a new Denon AVR: X2200W to replace an Onyx one that stopped working. We carefully ensured all the cables were labelled and followed the set up guide and everything seemed to be working fine. However when changing channels on the Sky box (e.g. from movies to sports) the sound drops out. On clicking a button on the remote the sound starts up again.

This is driving the hubby crazy, can anyone help see what we've missed? I've tried putting the AVR on Auto and it still happens... I am not technical and basically just want the AVR to select the best sound as standard and we will change it when required. The TV does not have any speakers and therefore has to go through the AVR.

We have a sky box and a monitor tv both connected via HDMI to the AVR.

Sorry, I don't have a fix or solution to your issue, but I have read other reports of similar issues with your receiver reported from within the AVRX2200W's owners thread:

Denon AVR-X2200W Owners Thread

It is looking as though the receiver does have an inherent fault with it. I can only suggest you contact Denon and inform them because only Denon can address this issue. If they aren't informed then they'd not be aware of it and wont be doing anything to try rectify it.

The only thing I can suggest you try is to turn off the HDMI CEC onboard the SKY box to see if this helps?

Some times you just can't see the wood for looking for the trees. I'm glad your deductive skills are better than mine :)

Please can anyone help?

We have purchased a new Denon AVR: X2200W to replace an Onyx one that stopped working. We carefully ensured all the cables were labelled and followed the set up guide and everything seemed to be working fine. However when changing channels on the Sky box (e.g. from movies to sports) the sound drops out. On clicking a button on the remote the sound starts up again.

This is driving the hubby crazy, can anyone help see what we've missed? I've tried putting the AVR on Auto and it still happens... I am not technical and basically just want the AVR to select the best sound as standard and we will change it when required. The TV does not have any speakers and therefore has to go through the AVR.

We have a sky box and a monitor tv both connected via HDMI to the AVR.

I have a similar problem to Kim. I have a Denon AVR 2310 Receiver with an iPod dock and a Denon universal dvd/bd player connected as inputs (among others). When I turn on the iPod or play a cd, I can see on those devices that they are playing but I get no audio from the receiver. However, if I momentarily turn on the tv, the sound comes on. I then turn off the tv and all's well with iPod or cd. I have owned all of my av equipment for several years but this phenomenon has only been for the last 3 or 4 months. The problem has to be in the receiver, but I am at a loss as to where to start looking. Can anyone offer me a solution or advice?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom