1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Aventos 3981 does this sound right?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bazzae123, Nov 12, 2003.

1. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just received my 3981 last night I must say its shows a really nice picture that is a lot more life like than the other sets I returned but I wont go into that right now. Most of the regular readers will know what I'm talking about. I must also add the wife hates it as it looks to boxy for her liking. Anyway, last night I noticed that if I turn from a station that is transmitting a program to one that isn't , so that the screen is black, I can see the shadow from the previous screen as if its burnt in. I've disconnected all the input sources and just left one receiver plugged in but still I get this shadow from the previous screen when I move to a black one. One example is if I call up a menu from the Sat receiver on a black screen station and then cancel the menu I can still see the faint outline of the menu for a long time after, it doesn't seen to fade quickly if at all. Any ideas?

Bazza