1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New AV32R 192bpEX - With Problem!!! - Can anyone Help?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by BigBilly, May 3, 2005.

1. BigBilly

BigBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hi Just bought a new AV32R 7.1 sp192bpex (F/W Ver3.8) and 700:7R amp. Sky+ box connected via optical (tried both MD and DAB input - same results below).
    When watching Sky I'll get occasional clicks throughout the program between 5 and 10 clicks (or ticks) per hour (watching in PL II+THX). The worse thing is that 4 times in a week (so far) the click has led to a screw up of the soundstage. All speakers still have sound but are sort of muffled/out of phase/tinny and echoey. Centre most notable for the absence of speech but, bizarrely, it sounds as though the centre channel has been routed to the Sub as you can mke out speech coming from the Sub!!

Toggling the Audio feed restores sound back to normality.

CD via 'analogue in' and DVD via 'digital coax in' have had no problems - just sweet sound as I'd expect.

BTW the new AV32R replaces my old 5.1 AV32R (F/W 3.75). I've had that one since 2001, beta testing and upgrading the firmware all the way along and it always ran sweet in current system, no clicks, ticks or pops in 4 and a bit years.

Anybody with any ideas?

Cheers
    Billy

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Billy,

Sounds like you've got a faulty unit there with an intermitent clocking problem causing the SHARC to clock onto the wrong edge of the audio data (hence sub swaps with centre, left with right, SL with SR etc.). Only solution is send it back unfortunately. Sorry!

PS. The tick is caused when the channels swap... and then instantly swap back again... sometimes!

3. LostInUK

LostInUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Billy,

I believe a software upgrade will sort that out. If I am not wrong that was a problem I spotted with my AV32R, which Steve sorted in one of the latest software reviews. It was related with some sort of synch signal getting messed up and the Sharc was getting the wrong side of the synch wave signal because of that. Steve???

Just try to upload the latest software version. I think it will sort that problem out.

I hope it helps.

Regards
    Pedro

4. LostInUK

LostInUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just read your reply Steve, but I remember that some mods you have done in one of the latest software updates had sort my AV32R problem out...
    :eek:

I did not send it to TAG and the problem never occured again.

Yes, No? Am I confused?

5. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    BigBilly does have the latest software though

So maybe Stevesky is right again :smashin:

Its such a shame that another new peice of kit is faulty what happened to IAG quality control :thumbsdow

6. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Thing is that IAG haven't actually built and boards have they? This is existing TAG stock just maybe with a bit of IAG assembly? So if its a board fault that would have been TAG's doing and should have been spotted at the board test stage...... However IAG should also have tested the complete unit before shipping........ two wrongs don't make a right.......

7. LostInUK

LostInUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Understood....
    I have just remembered I have a DP.... reason why I have a different software version... :oops:

All explained.

8. BigBilly

BigBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Thanks for your replies guys.

New 7.1 going back to shop tomorrow.

Put back old 5.1 AV32R into system. No problem till tonight when it decided to go into 'Selftest' half way though '24'. It just froze in 'Selftest' mode, all video loop through ceased. I cycled the power but it never came back on it just plain dead!!!!

Perhaps all the moving about has stressed something major, what do you think?

Argghhhhh - I guess IAG still support 4 Year old kit, I hope.

Billy

9. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    BB

Have you checked the power cord and the wall socket?

10. BigBilly

BigBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah replaced it.

Tried to power it up this morning, power and it got to 'Selftest' but went no further. No error code displayed just 'error' underneath 'Selftest'. It then went into Standby and refused to come to life again.

I'll see if I can squeeze an EEPROM reset out of it this afternoon.

cheers