• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New av setup - help

suraj316

Standard Member
Im new to this site, and need some help!

Iv just moved into a new house and im looking to set up home cinema room.

I want to have a TV and projector in the same room, Projector will only be used for watching football matches, films and gaming!

I already have a Hitachi 42" HD TV, Optoma HD65 Projector, PS3, Wii and Sky HD.

Can someone recommend a solution by where i can have the PS3,Wii and Sky HD connected to both the TV and Projector without me having to change cables?

Im looking for a budget solution as i dont have a lot of money left! i am also looking to connect a Surround Sound to it- happy to take recommendations

facial

Banned
If i am correct i think you would need a receiver with two outs, one to the tv and one to the projector..then you would just switch those depending on what you wanted to view. The amps for this do seem to be more expensive though.

Sam

suraj316

Standard Member
Thanks,

having looked around this morning, i have seen the Onkyo HT-S5205B (3 hdmi in and 1 hdmi out) which includes speakers and then buying a 1 hdmi in to 2 hdmi out.

J4YP34

Established Member
Im new to this site, and need some help!

Iv just moved into a new house and im looking to set up home cinema room.

I want to have a TV and projector in the same room, Projector will only be used for watching football matches, films and gaming!

I already have a Hitachi 42" HD TV, Optoma HD65 Projector, PS3, Wii and Sky HD.

Can someone recommend a solution by where i can have the PS3,Wii and Sky HD connected to both the TV and Projector without me having to change cables?

Im looking for a budget solution as i dont have a lot of money left! i am also looking to connect a Surround Sound to it- happy to take recommendations

Try using a HDMI splitter to send the signal from your devices into both the TV and PJ. I have done a similar thing using a splitter by Neet, £30 from Amazon.

Alternatively, as you have quite a few devices, you could get a HDMI Matrix (4 inputs, 2 outputs). This way you can connect upto 4 devices via HDMI and output any 2 of the four onto the TV and PJ. You can even output the same source on both.

Not sure how this will work for your Wii (maybe some sort of convertor or connect it directly to one device?)

The sky box can only output 2.0 chan from the HDMI port so you may want to connect an optical cable from the sky to your AV amp to get 5.1.

You could get an amp that has a Matrix built into it. The amp I have is a Sony HTIS. It has 3 HDMI inputs but only 1 output which means although you could put a splitter at the end of the output to feed the TV and PJ, you can only have one source on both at the same time.

Last edited:

suraj316

Standard Member
I have brought the Onkyo HT-S5205B Theater System, and a VS182 2 Port HDMI Video Splitter from Videk, All works well, but the only thing i cant get to work is my wii, connecting the wii to my AMP is no problem but the output is not done through the HDMI output. Does anyone know of a composite to HDMI convertor or cable?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom