New AV set up - help speaker placement 5.1 longer term 7.1

aekostas

Really nice project, well done.

Just for my understanding, the units underneath the telly are very short? In other words, do you need to kneel to use the keyboard on the right?

And if yes, what are these units?

decson74

Really nice project, well done.

Just for my understanding, the units underneath the telly are very short? In other words, do you need to kneel to use the keyboard on the right?

And if yes, what are these units?
Thank you.

They are low yes! and supposedly AV units from Wayfair about 8 years ago, you could get matching units that go further up the wall with it - think shelf units etc.

But I like them as they are low so it doesn't feel like they are taking space up visually in the room.

Its my old iMac from 2011, which I just use for media with Plex now.. I don't even use the keyboard lol, it just has stayed there as use my MacBook to control it - prob can put keyboard into drawer below lol. Just never thought of doing it to now ha ha. the only time I have ever used it if have issues with network connection. So useful to keep :) at hand.

aekostas

They are low yes! and supposedly AV units from Wayfair about 8 years ago, you could get matching units that go further up the wall with it - think shelf units etc.
Thanks, I will seek them, as I am looking for a low unit to replace my existing one. If you can remember the brand or something it will be very helpful.

decson74

I was looking at. their site yesterday couldn't see the exact same ones. But they have lots of low AV/media units... Just search media units or tv stands - its actually 3 units next to each other as is just under 3 metres wide in total.

aekostas

Thanks. I struggled a bit yesterday with my requirements (I need it to be 45+ cm deep) but I will check again at some point.

decson74

And redecorated… and added a CD player too 😂. Happy now. Just waiting for new tv to be available next month. Then complete. But sounds amazing!!

Thanks all. Done for now ;).

Painting the trunking made me happy 😎.
8A6768FC-FCF2-4B76-8334-BE1EDCE6F535.jpeg
438D4ED1-7E49-40CC-9303-7A008FA4A84F.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom