New AV Reciever?

dittohead007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am due to upgrade my reciever in the very near future, I currently have a Sony STR-K740p and it is getting long in the tooth now, although it has worked well for me all this time. My options are now:

Sony STR-dh820,
Yamaha RXV667,
Denon AVR 1912,
Pioneer VSX - 920,
Pioneer VSX - 821.

I am leaning toward the sony or the yamaha at the moment, but I would appreciate some assistance on the best choices,

Cheers, Harry

Drop the Sony STRDH820, and the Pioneer VSX821 from your list. These two models belong in the class below the other amps and are therefor not really comparable. The VSX920 is an older, now discontinued model, but still worth considering if you can get it for less than its replacement Pioneer VSX921 model.

Note that the Denon differentiates from both the Pioneer and Yamaha amps in terms of video processing. Unlike the other amps the Denon cannot upscale incoming analogue inputs to higher resolutions, but can still convert analogue video inputs to HDMI.

hello,

cheers dante, i think now that it is probably gonna be the yamaha, it is harder to get hold of the pioneer for a decent price.... sorry hifigear, only looking at spending about £300

cheers :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom