New av receiver recommendation...

ayazakram

Standard Member
Hi all...
Can anyone recommend me an av reciever that has hdmi 2.1 and earc and atleast 7.1 channels...I'm going potty trying to find one...
I like pioneer amps and looked at the sclx 901
And the susanoo...I would prefer a pioneer...
Thanks in advance.

gibbsy

Hi all...
Can anyone recommend me an av reciever that has hdmi 2.1 and earc and atleast 7.1 channels...I'm going potty trying to find one...
I like pioneer amps and looked at the sclx 901
And the susanoo...I would prefer a pioneer...
Thanks in advance.
I've moved your thread to here as you will get more answers on this board.

The Denon X2700 will fit your bill and is probably the cheapest option. New Pioneer amps hopefully hitting the dealers in the not too distant future. Bad time to buy with prices staying very high because of supply issues.

gibbsy

I purchased this av receiver DENON AVC-X4700H as it ticks all the boxes...
Nice one, a big step up from the X2700 that's for sure. Enjoy as I'm sure you will.

OffeiBA

Novice Member
Hi, hope I am in the right place on the forum -I need advice on av receiver

I have a Denon X1500h AV receiver powering a 4.1 speaker system, pair Hsu HB1 Mk2 speakers and STF2 subwoofer with small SVS speakers as surrounds. I listen to stereo music in 2.1. My previous AV receiver Onkyo TX NR 414 sounded fantastic for both music and movies. But the Denon sound kind of subdued sound, like a veil is covering the speakers. Is this how Denon receivers sound? or I am not tuning properly. I did not like the Audyssey sound via the app and so had to use the manual eq with tone control and the inbuilt equaliser. Is this ok?

gibbsy

Will a Marantz NR 1510 sound better?
Denon, even at a far higher tier than the X1500 are still poor at portraying stereo music. The Marantz players are generally that bit better and have been set up for a more musical performance. However there is no way that an AV amp will compete with a comparable priced stereo integrated amp for music.

As for reliability which is remarked on above I am on my fifth Denon AV amp and all have had perfect reliability and problem free. I don't use my high end Denon for stereo music.

alkax

As for reliability which is remarked on above I am on my fifth Denon AV amp and all have had perfect reliability and problem free. I don't use my high end Denon for stereo music.
Be thankful you have a specific use for your Denons. Wait till you get a raft of issues on general use, you won’t see your amp for yonks.

OffeiBA

Novice Member
Thanks for the responses. Will be looking at Emotiva Bas x processor /amp combination as a future upgrade. Thanks

ashenfie

Be thankful you have a specific use for your Denons. Wait till you get a raft of issues on general use, you won’t see your amp for yonks.
Seams odd you say that as I have had two in the past and both work perfectly and never had any issues or faults.
I also follows av forums and for their user base I’d say they have very few problem posts.

alkax

Seams odd you say that as I have had two in the past and both work perfectly and never had any issues or faults.
I also follows av forums and for their user base I’d say they have very few problem posts.
Read my post here: Denon & Marantz - an open appeal to the guys at Sound United, a possible warning to others and the sticky here: ATTN DENON AND MARANTZ OWNERS: No network functionality for HEOS users on network receivers! Temporary fix here.

I have no doubt they were rock solid before receivers got complicated, but ever since the release of their new HEOS speaker range, there is something royally wrong with them.

Here’s a challenge. If you put together about 150 tracks in FLAC, setup Serviio on a PC, add these to the library. Then through the HEOS app, navigate to your media server and go through the random tracks folder. Once it generates 100 random tracks, add them to the queue and skip tracks. If it doesn’t kill your network connectivity that forces you to do a firmware restore, a procedure they kept secret until this major problem hit, then I’ll eat my hat.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom