New av forums app..?

BISHI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a week of 'parse error' messages trying to access the forums I find that there is a new av app in the App Store.
Trouble is its as buggy as hell, it doesn't facilitate easy replies and is a nightmare to navigate. Reviews at the App Store are all negative. Why change it from something that worked well to this..?

Tried to reply on that thread and it won't work. This new app is rubbish and I'm deleting it.

I fervently agree and did exactly the same.

The app is awful! There's even adverts over the box to write a post.

Which numpty decided to replace a perfectly good app for this pile of steaming turd

Yup,im deleting mine too.
Keep getting things about "win a new ipad",adverts on the screen....Bad.

Have to agree. Am using both iOS and Android versions. They really are a massive step backwards. Not a pleasant experience at all.

I have to turn my phone off after a few hrs to use the app.. :confused:

But at least the smilies work

Absolute tripe!

Only had it 5mins, thought I'd check what was being talked about in General chat, but no.... As GC is the last option it is covered by a poxy ad, had to change to alphabetical to be able to select it.

What a horrid step backwards!

Another here whose just downloaded the app, sad to say I think my daily scan of all things AV on my iPad will no longer happen. What a pile of poo!

Installed on my s3 and I think it's a lot better than the older version (maybe because I've been using xda app for quite a while and its sane layout) What I didn't like was the fact that there was no.notification to let you know that there was a new app available

Don't like it myself, buggy as hell and just doesn't feel good to use at all. The ads are horrible too.

I realise ads are a part of things now but can we not just leave them on the website and off the apps?

installed on my s3 and i think it's a lot better than the older version (maybe because i've been using xda app for quite a while and its sane layout) what i didn't like was the fact that there was no.notification to let you know that there was a new app available

+1

I have now got TT2 but it won't find The AVF! Any ideas?
The suggestion on their support forums is that registration may have been removed to force use of the dedicated (ad laden) version.

That's not sounding good then.
As I say, that's just one possibility but their stock answer if a forum can't be found by search is that it can't be registered. Perhaps Stuart will confirm.

Mods, can this be merged with Stuart's announcement thread as it seems daft having two on the go?

Edit
Make that three.

Last edited:
The suggestion on their support forums is that registration may have been removed to force use of the dedicated (ad laden) version.

This is tapatalk 2 its exactly the same layout and colour and functionality.
Its Tapatalk 2

2 complaints from me. ..

The Orange is really garish and irritating. How can I change it to something muted and easier on the eye?

Why does the thread view in a forum now show the first post in a thread rather than the last post? It was a good way to tell if it was worth opening the thread. Now you have no idea

And have the ads gone permanently. They kept getting in the way yesterday! I couldn't click on a lot of things I needed to. Really irritating

So I downloaded Tapatalk 2 but couldn't find Av Forums on it at all, tried for about half an hour :(

I have now downloaded the new AVF app and using it now. Apart from a bit slow when scrolling and typing its not too bad, though not as nice as the old app.

Strangely I haven't seen and adverts at all!! Bit weird!

Ive got tapatalk 2 and easily found avforums a few days ago its how im viewing it now, however if i try to search again i cant find it.. looks like its been removed from the search

Sent from my GT-I9300

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom