• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question New AV Amp required.

Hotpl4te

Standard Member
Hello

My Onkyo SR306 is now over 5 years old and out of Supercare Warranty from Richer Sounds. Best £19 I ever spent that extended guarantee was. Unit has failed 3 times so far and each time its been repaired and returned. I know that it will fail again soon, so I am trying to prepare for when it does by doing some research now.
I live in a terraced house on my own, and my AV Setup is
Panasonic P65VT65 TV
Onkyo Amp
I need HDMI inputs for Blu Ray Player, Sky HD Box, and HTPC connected to home server via Gigabit Lan.
I do not game on the TV, I use the Home Server for that if I want to play anything.
I have been reading about the new Yamaha Range, including the slimline versions which do not appear to be stocked anywhere.
Not sure if I fancy another Onkyo, without the Supercare it would have been very expensive.
During one repair I was loaned a Harmon Hardon Amp with Dolby MA and auto setup with a mic. I was blown away with the improvement in sound.
I have also been loaned a Pioneer and it was awful. Would never purchase one after that experience.
What would you guys recommend?

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
How about this WHFS&V 2015 award winner, yamaha RXV379 for £249, of you buy instore you may be able to get it cheaper.

Hotpl4te

Standard Member
Yes I have been reading about the 379 and also the 479. I think I prefer the 479 for £50 more.
I really like the slimline RX-S601D, but no one seems to sell them in the UK.
They do seem expensive too. Quite a premium price for a reduction in size.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom