• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new auresudiolab products and brochures

Miron

hiya all
has anyome seen the new (green) audiolab brochures with aphrodite and caliopes on the front page?
also there is musical server inside with hddvd drive and all other goodies, eventually also with blue ray drive build in, though not stated in the brochure.

i have no clue if anyone is interested but i might scan one of these if interest.

:hiya:

p.s. sorry for thread title, somehow it got typo

mossy2103

Distinguished Member
Yes, I'd like to have a butchers please. :thumbsup:

jolly

:lease:

Miron

never thought there would be so much interest :devil:
and...sorry for delay, my bagagge got lost, enough for me to freak out, but now it is all here and safe. i will attach first few pages featuring HTPC server and few aphrodite/calliope picures, rest is not interesting, already known specs of audiolab processor and amp.

Attachments

• Page_1.jpg
    Page_1.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Page_2.jpg
    Page_2.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Page_3.jpg
    Page_3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Page_4.jpg
    Page_4.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 187
  • Page_5.jpg
    Page_5.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Page_6.jpg
    Page_6.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 201

jolly

Any news on release dates or prices yet ?

steve

jolly

Kenny

thanks for that, any idea of the price and release date of the HTPC server ?
Wonder if the will have a option for blue-ray?

steve

Kenny Glasgow

Jolly

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it will be around £1800, but I could be mistaken.

It was either on the forums here or the HiFi News article last year.

Miron does state the option for a BD drive in the future

The network DVD player looks interesting ....

edward

Come on guys, aren’t we’re getting our hopes up needlessly here? These are the same people who put a pile of old junk in a Tag McLaren look-alike case and thought the UK market would still buy it. Aren’t these the same people who said the AV32R wouldn’t scale, despite the fact that the previous owners of the IPR had managed to get it to go to 5.1 and 7.1 versions of the DP and the AV192R and then add a scaler before they stopped? And all of this before we even start on their software achievements with this kit!

Their track record says they can’t even capitalise of amazing IPR that is given to them on a plate. What, except hope, makes any of us think they might produce something of TAG McLaren calibre now?

Have I missed the point of this thread completely?

Miron

Come on guys, aren't we're getting our hopes up needlessly here? These are the same people who put a pile of old junk in a Tag McLaren look-alike case and thought the UK market would still buy it. Aren't these the same people who said the AV32R wouldn't scale, despite the fact that the previous owners of the IPR had managed to get it to go to 5.1 and 7.1 versions of the DP and the AV192R and then add a scaler before they stopped? And all of this before we even start on their software achievements with this kit!

Their track record says they can't even capitalise of amazing IPR that is given to them on a plate. What, except hope, makes any of us think they might produce something of TAG McLaren calibre now?

Have I missed the point of this thread completely?

Edward,
my intention was just to give the first info about this HTPC to the people here, nothing more or less.

Audiolab has its own policy and market strategy, and that has not a lot to do with what TAG McLaren was once. This is meanwhile clear to all of us, nothing bad about it, it was their decission and as long as they service TAG gear I am fine with that.

For all of us, "TMA" fans, there is this forum left, Kevin Green and few good old guys that used to work for TMA to help us. For new things we will all have to go elsewhere but Audiolab. Unfortunately there is not a lot I can recommend. If anyone goes Meridian he will do fine, however he will also have to spend whole pile of money for it. In the TMA price range there is almost nothing left that has simmilar philosophy and vision as TMA had. I found only AudioNET in Germany and for me surprisingly good Anthem in the USA and that's it.
Luckily my gear still works fine, hope it will all stay that way.

Regards from Vienna

edward

Ah Evening in Vienna! As you'll have seen, there is a dark cloud over Reading, England. In fact, I even hears talk of flood waters.

For me, IAG's crime is that they would neither realise the IPR they bought from TMA nor let anyone else. Now, I'm interested to see what they do but I'd find it hard to trust them.

I've only ever listened to Meridian whole systems at shows and I don't like what I hear. Something in there is not right - the sound lacks life and no amount of talking the "natural" sound up by the staff on the stand changes it. I suspect the processors is great but the speakers are not. Joel bought their processor after years of an AV192R and seems happy with what he got. I just hope this isn't a decision I need to make for a very long time.

Tantalus

Novice Member
Well as a former audiolab owner I think it all looks smashing.:thumbsup:

ti33er

HTPC for £1800...OUCH! ...one can build an excellent HTPC for a lot less money - the case looks like a rebadged "Silverstone" and I am certain Windows VISTA will include codecs for all the latest sound formats fairly soon (or at least one can purchase them and add as a plug-in to the Windows Media Centre software)

Still think it would be really nice if they would include the new surround formats in the processor, no good reason not to - if Onkyo can do it on a £400 Receiver...why can't they?

eiren

Distinguished Member
I just feed it PCM and let the player do the decoding, sounds phenomenal!

Thanks for posting up the specs for the HTPC. Looks very interesting, but I think £1800 would be a bit overpriced for it.

aitor_ibarra

Standard Member
HTPC for £1800...OUCH! ...one can build an excellent HTPC for a lot less money - the case looks like a rebadged "Silverstone" and I am certain Windows VISTA will include codecs for all the latest sound formats fairly soon (or at least one can purchase them and add as a plug-in to the Windows Media Centre software)

Still think it would be really nice if they would include the new surround formats in the processor, no good reason not to - if Onkyo can do it on a £400 Receiver...why can't they?

I too thought the case looks like a rebadged silverstone... but then I saw the side view of it stacked with the 8000AP. Assuming the 8000AP has the same depth as the 8000AV & 8000X7 (about 340mm) then this can't be a simple rebadge of the case it most resembles - the Silverstone LC17 which is about 420mm deep. Also note the flap on the front below the optical drives - the Audiolab has it the same width as the drive doors; Silverstone is narrower. It could still be Silverstone making the case though (silverstone made the original MCubed HFX case).

More important is what they've done about cooling and noise reduction. If it's fan based cooling then it won't really cut it IMO. Another problem is as its a PC it won't be able to support the newer audio codecs at full resolution. Even if it has a good quality analogue sound card, crappy Cyberlink Power DVD software for HD DVD / Blu Ray playback down-converts all the new audio formats to 16bit / 48Khz. If it uses the HDMI out of the ATI Radeon, it will only support 5.1 Dolby Digital. Maybe they will wait until there is a better HDMI option for PCs, or find better play back software. Unfortunately Windows Media Center (in XP or Vista) does not support Blu Ray or HD DVD natively.

cheers,

Aitor

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom