New Audiolab

mr_yogi

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Dose anyone have any info on the new Audiolab amps, specifically the 8000P?

I have been looking on eBay for another 8000PX or late 8000P to bi-amp my current set up on the cheap (£300+), however I have noticed that the SRP for the new Audiolab 8000P is only £400 with the new 8000Ms only £400 too :smashin:

I also found a news [HiFi News?] item saying that the new 8000S integrated amp is very similar to the old one and so too is the new 8000Q Pre amp. The new 8000CD on the other hand is ground up new though and I am wondering if the 8000P and Ms are new also?

They still have the same power handling as the old models and If they are the same as the old ones, i'm thinking it might be worth getting a new 8000P to biamp my current setup or even sell my 8000PX and get a pair of 8000Ms.

Has anyone read any reviews of these amps?

if they are as stated 400 quid new and exactly the same as the old audiolab models, they are a veritable bargain :D

Just found a link to the 8000S that puts the price at £499, and I think it used to be about £650-£700? So if the 8000P was £800 and is now £400 I doubt they are the same :( ah well back to eBay :thumbsdow

EDIT would still be interested if anyone has read any reviews though :)

As far as I know the new Silver Audiolabs are made in China, maybe thats why there so cheap these days.

I have a 'spare' Black Mint 8000P (late model I think), with box, that I could put in the classifieds or ebay if mr_yogi is looking for one ;)

Mark.

Do they still have black as an option? The grey/silver power amp won't look as nice partnered with my original 8000S (£650 :eek: ).

I also notice that the speaker binding posts have changed, a different formation. I prefer the original layout, much easier to biwire using bananas.

try the TAG forum afterall TAG upgraded them after they bought out Audiolab and by all accounts IAG have back graded them after they bought out TAG.

alexs2 said:
This may help.....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229065

There are a few unhelpful posts there,but a good bit that may be useful.

In essence,they are the same as the equivalent TAG models were,and are now made in China.

That's correct. Internally, they are the same as the TAG models you could have bought 18 months ago. Externally, the old Audiolab styling has been revived. Old and new are gain matched.

Thanks for the info guys, If it's true that the designs are the same as the TAG models and they manage to keep the sound quality on par then that is in essence a TAG 100p for £400, WOW :thumbsup:

If they can pull it off I'll definatley be considering a new 8000P. :clap:

Does anyone know when they are due to be released?

Before you get too excited, I'd pay a visit to the TAG/Audiolab forum and ask the experts there for their opinion on the new Auduiloab gear.

From what I've heard, the new Audiolab gear uses much cheaper components than their TAG predecessors, selected for price, rather than performance.. The new 100P almost certainly WON'T be anything like the old 100P, in terms of either build quality or musicality (which depending on your view, might be a good thing :) ).

DT

dynamic turtle said:
Before you get too excited, I'd pay a visit to the TAG/Audiolab forum and ask the experts there for their opinion on the new Auduiloab gear.

From what I've heard, the new Audiolab gear uses much cheaper components than their TAG predecessors, selected for price, rather than performance.. The new 100P almost certainly WON'T be anything like the old 100P, in terms of either build quality or musicality (which depending on your view, might be a good thing :) ).

DT

DT....obviously your sources may be different to mine,but from IAG insiders,the information would appear to be at odds with what you've posted.

Until someone has actually had the lid off one for a review,and compared it with the old models,I would suggest letting this alone.

alexs2 said:
DT....obviously your sources may be different to mine,but from IAG insiders,the information would appear to be at odds with what you've posted.

Until someone has actually had the lid off one for a review,and compared it with the old models,I would suggest letting this alone.

I'm pretty sure comments have already been passed in the TAG forum about the cost-saving measures taken by Audiolab to keep the component price down?

DT

Personally, I'll be amazed if the £400 100P uses the same quality (or superior even ) components as the £1200 100P....

dynamic turtle said:
I'm pretty sure comments have already been passed in the TAG forum about the cost-saving measures taken by Audiolab to keep the component price down?

DT

Personally, I'll be amazed if the £400 100P uses the same quality (or superior even ) components as the £1200 100P....

DT...read the relevant comments and threads in the forum...I moderate that forum also,and am well aware of the comments,both from those who haven't even seen the items concerned,and from those within IAG.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom