NEW ATMOS SETUP

Boremc

Novice Member
Good Morning!

Let's see if any of the sound experts can help me:

As you can see in the renderings and in the plan, this is how my living room will be where I want to put my sound system ...

In principle I would like to set a 5.1.4 atmos configuration ...

As you can see, the roof is sloping and I don't know if I'm going to have problems ...

In case of putting speakers, which brand do you recommend and models?

Do you recommend a powerful atmos sound bar?

thank you very much to all!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I don´t see the atmos working good with soundbar as you have high vaulted ceiling, the upfiring works better with low flat ceiling and you are sitting quite far away again not ideal. Waste of money if you ask me.

If you want Atmos ytou need some "pendant" speakers hanging from the ceiling. Then adjust the 2nd speaker where the ceiling vaults to same level with the other one. Few examples. The latter more ideal for larger room.

See third post here what i mean:

Naturally you would then buy some bookshelf speakers at the front and rear. That is quite tricky looking room with the windows and not much space for front three which shouldn´t be cramped too close. Also large total space means small subwoofer won´t really cut it. I hate to say it but if you have some spare bedroom which you could make hobby/work/cinema room, then building the atmos rig there would be more ideal.

Boremc

Novice Member
La zona de visionado lo acercaría, ya que el sofá de la televisión me parece muy lejano, quizás te ayude con la configuración

gibbsy

La zona de visionado lo acercaría, ya que el sofá de la televisión me parece muy lejano, quizás te ayude con la configuración
The viewing area would bring it closer, since the sofa of the television seems very far away, maybe it will help you with the configuration

Gerry557

I don't think an Atmos soundbar would do much justice in that space either. The advice above should help

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom