New async dac.... Lip sync is off?

Nicholars

Banned
I have this new arcam rdac... when I try and play DTS films through WMP-HC (media player home cinema - madvr renderer ffdshow codecs)... The lip sync is off...

I guess this is because of the delay for the async USB? I never had a problem over sp/dif....

Can anyone help me please other than manually adjusting it?

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Normally lipsync problems are of the the sound being ahead of the picture, and the cause is the video processing delay. Are we to understand from the question "I guess this is because of the delay for the async USB?" that in your case 1) the audio is behind the picture and 2) the audio lipsync delay is already set to 0, so can't be reduced?

Nicholars

Banned
I can change the lipsync delay via the program but a) it is a nightmare trying to get it to sync exactly. b) this should not be neccessary as other files (except for DTS audio) seem to work fine for example dvd audio etc.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Please tell me what to do!
I don't understand the problem. My understanding of your description is that something is wrong somewhere with the lipsync, some of the time, or maybe not, and it doesn't even need a video stream ("DVD-A works fine") ?!?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom