Question New Arris 4K freesat remote code

kinger5542

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just purchased the new 4k freesat box (Arris) and wondered what the remote code was if anyone knew?

I have contacted freesat themselves but had no response in over 3 weeks now and cannot find any information on the internet. The setup manual has no mention of the code either.

Any help would be very much appreciated so i can program my universal remote.

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

What make and model of universal remote control do you have?

You need to contact the Universal remote maker for them to add the Arris option... not freesat?

Allegedly the HUmax You View remote codes are identical (and cause problems for people with both boxes). Maybe worth trying some of the Humax options?

The long Arris box thread may have more info?

You need to contact the Universal remote maker for them to add the Arris option... not freesat?

Allegedly the HUmax You View remote codes are identical (and cause problems for people with both boxes). Maybe worth trying some of the Humax options?

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll have a look at the codes you mentioned :)

thanks

Hmm. Google quickly found me
04776 for Arris cable and sat boxes (USA handbook for the soundbar universal remote)
01200 for cable, sat and vcr by Humax
and
01164 for Freesat(sic) in sat receivers.

The manual is, however, dated 2016, so the codes might not be correct?

Bos has a Community that might or might not be able to help? Getting Started

Just in case anyone is still struggling with this I can confirm that the Humax remote codes should indeed work the Arris box (I have Humax Youview, BT Youview and Humax FoxSat remotes which all operate it)

Are there any backlit remotes that will work with the 4K Arris Freesat box?

Thank you in advance.

Which backlit universal remotes have you looked at / tried / asked the makers of the remotes?

As the box uses the same IR codes as Humax boxes I'd expect them all to do so (if not all the buttons, without a 'learning' process).

Any backlit remote will work.

Hi,

I have just purchased the new 4k freesat box (Arris) and wondered what the remote code was if anyone knew?

I have contacted freesat themselves but had no response in over 3 weeks now and cannot find any information on the internet. The setup manual has no mention of the code either.

Any help would be very much appreciated so i can program my universal remote.

Many thanks in advance,

Matt
Hey Matt, you’ve probably solved this issue so anyone searching for the same solution please see my attachment. Here are the codes you need x

Attachments

• Freesat codes.pdf
    252.2 KB · Views: 598

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom