New Arcam AVR's

As mentioned previously, i no longer have an Arcam, but when i did my usual listening volume was about 60 MV, if i was watching a film i'd go up to about 72 MV but that depends on the mix of the film. Remember the difference between Absolute volume and Relative volume, the Arcam's MV doesn't work the way other AVR's work.

Hello someone is having problems connecting the central atmos speakers ??, I put it on the previous page, a friend of mine has a 7.1 configuration 6 and the central atmos do not sound but if it puts the pink noise if it is something strange, could you tell me if you have a similar configuration if the central atmos sound to you? Thank you

This is really weird.
Just for comparison: I have a 20m2 room, 5.2.4 Arendal setup (4ohm, 84dB) and the AVR10 is more than enough. Usually the master volume is set between 50 - 60 depending on source. More than 60 would blow my ears away.

Try, like the others already told you, to test again the same sequence without dirac.
And maybe go through all your settings again. Maybe there is a mistake.
And with boxes at 4 ohm, how do you have the protection sensitivity in the avr10? high, medium or low? I do not know what this is for in the manual, I do not specify it of course, does someone explain it to me?

And with boxes at 4 ohm, how do you have the protection sensitivity in the avr10? high, medium or low? I do not know what this is for in the manual, I do not specify it of course, does someone explain it to me?

It is how much temperature and current the receiver will allow before shutting down. Providing your AVR10 is well ventilated try changing it to medium.

It is how much temperature and current the receiver will allow before shutting down. Providing your AVR10 is well ventilated try changing it to medium.
I have the avr20 on top of the cabinet and with an aircom t10 there is no heating problem but if I put it in the middle, will the arcam be cutting power to my speakers?

I have the avr20 on top of the cabinet and with an aircom t10 there is no heating problem but if I put it in the middle, will the arcam be cutting power to my speakers?
My understanding is the medium setting will allow more power to the speakers before shutting down.

No!!

The only reason is if it goes into protection mode, you need to find out why yours is going into protection mode in the first place.

Have you followed the advice given to determine if it is room/Dirac related?

I was wondering which email address to use to report directly to Arcam any software bugs or various problems encountered while using one of their HDA series AVRs. I don't know if there is a single address, or maybe a specific one for each country, or one for Europe and one for the USA etc.
Any help is welcome!
Ettore

I was wondering which email address to use to report directly to Arcam any software bugs or various problems encountered while using one of their HDA series AVRs. I don't know if there is a single address, or maybe a specific one for each country, or one for Europe and one for the USA etc.
Any help is welcome!
Ettore
They told me that dirac only corrects 10db and I have some bigger nulls but I am limited in space I cannot move the speakers much tomorrow I will try to disconnect all the speakers and find the fault .. I will try other power outlets! If I deactivate dirac and it turns off, we will know that it is from avr, right?

Hello, has someone been exchanging between the auromatic options? Small, medium, large, movie etc ...? I have not noticed any difference. Has anyone noticed this?

I did not change it. So its on high.

Just in case someone is interested:

I asked Arcam support about Spotify/Tidal Connect, DTS:X Pro and if they will make more/better use of the unit display for not only album art/covers (for example, Dolby / DTS Logos, showing input signal with logos etc. i already mentioned weeks ago here in the thread)
here are the answers:

Spotify/Tidal connect, DTS:X Pro:

"Spotify connect will not be coming as we instead connect through chromecast. Using spotify connect on the previous generation boxed us into being incompatible with changes to the spotify app, whereas chromecast has proven to be more verstatile without any loss of quality.

Tidal connect is being looked at, as is DTS:X pro."

Display:

"With regards to showing whether the signal is 4k etc, that doesn't really matter for the AVR. It just passes the signal, so spending processor time showing a logo for a signal that isn't being processed by the AVR would clutter the on screen display and slow response time, when the signal is readily apparent on your TV/projector.

The MQA/Spotify logos are transmitted by the apps in a similar way to album art and are requirements of the licensing process. They replace the net input information.

As each decoding mode can be applied to almost any audio source, these would need to be stored on the unit. They're all different sizes, so the rest of the information display would change its layout every time a logo was cycled. I suspect that would make it very hard to read at a distance and would defeat the point of the information display, which is to show clearly what audio format is playing. It might look nice, but would not be terribly functional."

Sad that they dont want to/cant use the full potential of the display for homecinema things, would be a nice feature and look great. At least we have some color in the display,when we stream music :p

But at the end, the avr should work fine and sound good... what my AVR10 does, more than i thought :)

Last edited:
I asked Arcam support about .......
Since you contacted Arcam and also received an answer, could you help me with the question I posted above, about the email address to use to report problems and things like that?
Thank you in advance!
Ettore

Since you contacted Arcam and also received an answer, could you help me with the question I posted above, about the email address to use to report problems and things like that?
Thank you in advance!
Ettore
Sure. :) I just used the email address you find on their homepage:

[email protected]

it took exactly 7 days for an answer :)

Sure. :) I just used the email address you find on their homepage:

[email protected]

it took exactly 7 days for an answer :)
Thank you very much: I remembered a different address, and specific for this type of report, but maybe I get confused with some other brand (maybe NAD?), Which I followed and read about in this forum before deciding to buy the Arcam.
Ettore

Got my avr back after a month.... arcams response N/f/f, I'm soo cross!

Attachments

• 20210408_143350.jpg
    20210408_143350.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210408_143725.jpg
    20210408_143725.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 122
Got my avr back after a month.... arcams response N/f/f, I'm soo cross!
Be very interesting if any of the issues you returned it for are still present, perhaps if they reinstalled the F/W it might have fixed it?

They told me that dirac only corrects 10db and I have some bigger nulls but I am limited in space I cannot move the speakers much tomorrow I will try to disconnect all the speakers and find the fault .. I will try other power outlets! If I deactivate dirac and it turns off, we will know that it is from avr, right?
Generally on any corrections system nulls are very hard to correct. The general advice is not to try and pull up a null by more than 6db. Doing so can cause the surrounding frequencies to sound flat and counter productive.

Be very interesting if any of the issues you returned it for are still present, perhaps if they reinstalled the F/W it might have fixed it?
Yeah maybe, just have to test and see mate.

Generally on any corrections system nulls are very hard to correct. The general advice is not to try and pull up a null by more than 6db. Doing so can cause the surrounding frequencies to sound flat and counter productive.
Hello I understand what you say but dirac has always been named for being the best correction system, right? And what in complicated rooms did a great job then? I have had xt32 for 5 years and nothing ever happened! The avr never turned off as if the avr20 did ... and this according to you is due to dirac? I understand that I have large nulls but what to protect myself I do not understand today and less at these prices ... I paid a plus for an extra power which I cannot use because it turns off! I will try to correct those nulls only by 6db since I cannot place the boxes where I would like.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom