New Arcam AVR's

Check out my speaker levels here guys... as you can see I cannot get the sub output level up with the other speakers, output too low in the program. I nearly have to have max gain on the sub to get it in green, if I do get it in green dirac then reports clipping!

I have left it as in attached pic, now watching tv and sounds ok.

See attached pic, what's your thoughts??

Attachments

• 15819759572735977508737534227602.jpg
    15819759572735977508737534227602.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 79
Check out my speaker levels here guys... as you can see I cannot get the sub output level up with the other speakers, output too low in the program. I nearly have to have max gain on the sub to get it in green, if I do get it in green dirac then reports clipping!

If i was you i'd leave it until you get your proper Sub tomorow, you'll have to re do Dirac anyway!

If i was you i'd leave it until you get your proper Sub tomorow, you'll have to re do Dirac anyway!

Yeah I know, just playing with the software and getting my head around it.

Does diac automatically set crossovers??

Has anyone tried Dirac using the front speakers bi-amped? My Dirac software seems to be confused

Last edited:

Turn up the volume on the sub itself.

Has anyone tried Dirac using the front speakers bi-amped? My Dirac software seems to be confused

Mine is bi amped.

I am bi-amped but on Dirac, it indicates those 2 channels as back and during test tones, no sound, then Dirac gives an error since it can't hear those channels.
Sounds like you haven't got the "Speaker Types" Use channels 6&7 set correctly, sounds like it's set to Surr.Back instead of BiAmp L&R

Sounds like you haven't got the "Speaker Types" Use channels 6&7 set correctly, sounds like it's set to Surr.Back instead of BiAmp L&R
No, it's definitely set for Bi-Amp L&R but in Dirac it still shows Back speakers configured but doesn't play sound for them anyway

When you have Bi-AMp in your config on the Arcam, what does the Dirac app show for speaker config? (Mine shows 8 total channels - including left back and right back)

When you have Bi-AMp in your config on the Arcam, what does the Dirac app show for speaker config? (Mine shows 8 total channels - including left back and right back)

That's odd mines is ok.... see my above attached pic.

I must be missing something somewhere
Would of thought that Dirac can only see whatever the speakers are that you have set in the speaker set up menu? Definitely sounds like something is not right.

I must be missing something somewhere

Re set it. I did notice at times the pink noise was coming out from the wrong speaker...

Bit below max, so that it doesn't clip?

I've given up now, my new sub is coming tomorrow so I'll have another go in the weekend.👍

Interesting, I resent several times but then installed the update again and now my config in Dirac looks like yours

What model do you have? Screenshot your volume settings??

I've now (after re install of firmware) gotten test tones and filters set. I saved them to the AVR but the EQ Filters options are 'OFF' and 'Not calculated' Should I see the saved filters by name here or am I looking in the wrong place?

OK, just found that I can't select filter on browser interface but can from the front panel. Interesting

Last edited:
Has anyone got any idea why i might get slight distortion when using dirac?

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom