New Arcam AVR's

anteranz

Post a pic of the in room response. Why don’t you adjust your target curve to to cater for the nulls ???
If rick I am working on it, the central I have large nulls and I have tried to advance it, tilt it and it does not improve anything ... I think that is where I place the micro that should make the boxes have a null, but it still sounds incredible, in music now I use curtain 500hz and enchanted.

Krobar

How are you fellas getting on with 1.54?
1.54 seem to primarily be improvements to the NET module (Streaming etc.). Not much DSP work in 1.54 (Probably because that team is working on the HDMI 2.1 side), the new NET module contains support for the "8K" variants too.

jeffkai

Standard Member
That screenshot is not the normal web page, it is the recovery page I mentioned here:

You get this sometimes when the NET module cannot boot properly and show no version number or IP in the front panel menu (Thats why I said you need to check the DHCP leases).

@jeffkai I think you just need to provide it with the image.swu file that goes with whatever firmware you currently have loaded but you might want to check with Harman.
If you find the upload keeps being interrupted you might need to hard power off and on again 4 more times and then it will stop interrupting it. The information I have on this process is over a year old which is why I suggest you might want to check with Harman.
I'm glad to tell that I've recovered my AV40 by web recovery way. After web recovering to 1.46, my net module and version number came back. And I upgrade to 1.54 through OTA. Everything is ok for now! Thank you all for helping me!

chordguy

Something that's bothered me for a while but I've never queried it until now.
When I want to watch a movie I've to turn my bluetooth off on my phone.
If I don't, sure enough, some ways through the movie there will be bluetooth activity on my phone and my AV40 automatically switches to bluetooth, (BT), with the result of loss of audio to the movie.
I haven't seen anyone else querying this.
Is there something I should be doing, or not doing, to resolve this?

goatlips

If I don't, sure enough, some ways through the movie there will be bluetooth activity on my phone and my AV40 automatically switches to bluetooth, (BT), with the result of loss of audio to the movie.

Yeh does that with me. I can be streaming music via net and if I'm looking at FB video or something it will automatically switch over to Bluetooth. Pain in the ass tbh!! I switch my Bluetooth off on my phone. Report it. I'll do the same.

marcos1975

How are you fellas getting on with 1.54?
i have just updated my AVR20 a few days ago it went smooth and everything is working fine for me, in saying that, and i don't know whether if it's by chance but i have noticed quite an improvement in sound quality, so far i have watched 3 movies since i have updated the unit, again i'm not sure if it's those movies that got great soundtrack to them, or there is indeed an improvement, which is why i'm going re-visit and play something that i'm quite familiar with to confirm.

BillyRA

Yea same here from my ipad, only way to stop it is as goatlips says, switch off Bluetooth

CaroleBaskin

There’s talk over on AVS of the 2.1 upgrade costing $1500 USD! He claims to have spoken with Arcam and new models will include the upgrade but not the current HDA models.

Think there’s any truth in it?

anteranz

Yeh does that with me. I can be streaming music via net and if I'm looking at FB video or something it will automatically switch over to Bluetooth. Pain in the ass tbh!! I switch my Bluetooth off on my phone. Report it. I'll do the same.
Another here happens to me the same, I never saw him!

azurisk

Anyone else having issues with signal locking? Sometimes my av40 is stuck in stereo and won't output any audio. Have to restart unit most of the times.
Or something like this
This often happens when turning on the unit. It will just keep blinking. Had these issues with two different units.

Rick84

Would get similar on my previous avr20 whilst watching from YouTube or Netflix etc, on my LG C8. Not experienced it on my AVR30 though

anteranz

Anyone else having issues with signal locking? Sometimes my av40 is stuck in stereo and won't output any audio. Have to restart unit most of the times.
Or something like this
This often happens when turning on the unit. It will just keep blinking. Had these issues with two different units.
It has happened to me a few times, with musiclife when putting a song.

piluja

i have just updated my AVR20 a few days ago it went smooth and everything is working fine for me, in saying that, and i don't know whether if it's by chance but i have noticed quite an improvement in sound quality, so far i have watched 3 movies since i have updated the unit, again i'm not sure if it's those movies that got great soundtrack to them, or there is indeed an improvement, which is why i'm going re-visit and play something that i'm quite familiar with to confirm.
That feeling has also given me after updating, but I wasn't really sure about it.

marcos1975

Or something like this
one thing i have noticed about these Arcam's unit , that they are very picky about sources, i would suggest to try a different source and see if the same thing happen again, sometime reseting the unit and re-installing the firmware (following the guide in this thread) can actually help solving the problem.

chordguy

Raised the following with Arcam support for my AV40 automatically switching to BT, (bluetooth) when bluetooth activity on my phone ....
Harman Luxury Audio Case # 08765295: AV40 ..... switches to Bluetooth from phone activity

Krobar

Raised the following with Arcam support for my AV40 automatically switching to BT, (bluetooth) when bluetooth activity on my phone ....
Harman Luxury Audio Case # 08765295: AV40 ..... switches to Bluetooth from phone activity
Maybe they can add an option to disable auto-switching in the Bluetooth settings. (Or is it already there?)

Last edited:

Ettore

I point out that the ability to delete device filters from Dirac does not work in my ARCAM AVR20: I have tried several times, but even if the filter after canceling disappears from the left column of Dirac it actually remains available in the AVR (exiting and re-entering Dirac, the deleted filter is no longer seen by Dirac, as if it had actually been deleted, but it is still available in the AVR). It also happened to me that, at that point, my AVR20 got stuck with the message "Exiting, Filter Error!" on the front panel, forcing me to turn off the power to solve it.
I reported it to Arcam support, who knows if this will have a follow up on their part (I'm still waiting for the resolution of the problem related to the filter slope in the Speakers menu, which does not work, reported months ago by many users...).
Ettore

marcos1975

I point out that the ability to delete device filters from Dirac does not work
Ettore
same here, i have posted in the thread about this issue earlier, i was asking if anyone else having the same issue just to confirm it's not only on my end. now that u have also came forward it seems that we have got potential issue

goatlips

same here, i have posted in the thread about this issue earlier, i was asking if anyone else having the same issue just to confirm it's not only on my end. now that u have also came forward it seems that we have got potential issue

How do you delete a filter?

Why would you want to do that? I just over write them🤷‍♂️

Ettore

Send a report to Harman support you too, even if only through the form on their website. As always, the more they come the better...
As for me, in addition to this last problem, it would be enough to solve the problem about the speakers filter slope, that has never been made functional (logged under IMS0022932 in Arcam's support tracker) and the fact that very often the AVR gets stuck when saving the Dirac filters, and you can only disconnect the power supply and trying to update the filter itself until the procedure is successful (which often happens only after having done a factory reset).
With these 3 patches I would live happy with my AVR20!
Ettore

Ettore

How do you delete a filter?

Why would you want to do that? I just over write them
To delete the filters through Dirac just click on the small cross that appears next to the filter when you hover the mouse over the name of the filter itself in the left column of Dirac Live.
And for your second questione... there are many reasons why it can be useful to do so, one of the most important is that you cannot be sure - especially in electronics that are not completely perfect on the software side, such as our Arcam HDAs... - that by overwriting a pre-existing filter the new one is not corrupted, even minimally, rather than creating overlaps between the two filters (old and new). Uploading an empty slot instead of simply overwriting has always been the best practice, in the AV field, for video and audio processors, so when in doubt why not proceed in this sense?
A second reason is that, perhaps, the reason why the upload phase of a Dirac filter in our HDAs is often so problematic derives from the fact that the filter is already occupied by old data. So perhaps deleting the filter that no longer interests us before uploading the new one could make the procedure more streamlined and functional (after all, to solve this problem it is often necessary to do a factory reset, that means the AVR is 100% clean again. Something very similar to upload a filter in a free slot...).
Finally, since Dirac has made it available, why shouldn't it also work correctly in our Arcams, beyond its usefulness? ;)
Ettore

Krobar

Send a report to Harman support you too, even if only through the form on their website. As always, the more they come the better...
As for me, in addition to this last problem, it would be enough to solve the problem about the speakers filter slope, that has never been made functional (logged under IMS0022932 in Arcam's support tracker) and the fact that very often the AVR gets stuck when saving the Dirac filters, and you can only disconnect the power supply and trying to update the filter itself until the procedure is successful (which often happens only after having done a factory reset).
With these 3 patches I would live happy with my AVR20!
Ettore
Adding delete filter and fixing the Dirac upload failures are definitely high priority in my opinion. I have to admit that with the filter slope being broken for so long and so many people using Dirac Upmix or Bass Control (Where that setting is irrelevant) they might be better off just removing the slope setting entirely.

Ettore

I have to admit that with the filter slope being broken for so long and so many people using Dirac Upmix or Bass Control (Where that setting is irrelevant) they might be better off just removing the slope setting entirely.
In this regard, I must admit that the first results I had with DLBC leave me quite perplexed. No problem in listening, but studying the first REW graphs I notice that DLBC produces a frequency response very similar to the Bass Control OFF mode (crossovers managed by the AVR). Upmix Only instead has a different result, not clearly better than the other two modes, so now the point for me is to understand if the advantages of DLBC are only in the case of the multisub, or even in configurations like mine (single subwoofer) they exist, but are not highlighted by the detection of homogeneous speakers (I have the graphs of my mains together, of the surrounds together and obviously of the center channel alone). Perhaps detecting only one of my mains together with the subwoofer, or the central channel together with the subwoofer, in the various modes the results would clarify, but in this period I don't have much time for our hobby.
From these first tests, I am sincerely undecided whether to use DLBC or not, and the evaluation of Upmix Only is also very delicate. So if Bass Control Off should prove to be probably the best choice, the correct functioning of the speakers filter slope would be important, in order to choose the best configuration according to your speakers.
Ettore

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for November 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PROMOTED: Which OLED is King? 2021 Shootout at Abbey Road Studios
  • By Promoted Content Poster
  • Published
Hisense TVs get Disney+ on VIDAA smart OS
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern launches entry level SR25 MKII portable music player