Quantcast

New Arcam AVR's

goskiingmn

Been watching this thread constantly and set it as a page to launch when I start my browser.

Just figured out that if you set the page in the URL well beyond the page we are on it will always open to the newest page.

Changed page to 200 and it brings you to here which is currently 46.

www.avforums.com/threads/new-arcam-avrs.2248063/page-200

Can't wait to get Dirac going again, been a long few months without it!

tviviano

Standard Member
Question, the mic supplied by arcam in the box, do I need a calibration file for it??
The Arcam Mic and Target Files on the ARCAM download page has calibration files for both the old and new usb mics and a quickstart file for Dirac explaining which to use.

fatboy frank

I’ve just used dirac for the first time....has anyone else found the subs are way to loud. They are about 10db to loud according to REW
That's really interesting as most users with the previous version of Dirac generally report the bass as being a bit light!

So do you find the Sub's to loud, or is that just what REW reports?

mitch1922

D
That's really interesting as most users with the previous version of Dirac generally report the bass as being a bit light!

So do you find the Sub's to loud, or is that just what REW reports?
i found it to bass heavy...then I used rew to check

fatboy frank

D

For Movies or music listening?

Remember that Movies and Music will often require different levels hence the Sub Stereo adjustment!

goatlips

D

Mine is very light on bass so light its non existent! Look at my graph how much it has pulled out and made my midrange stronger.

Attachments

fatboy frank

mitch1922

For Movies or music listening?

Remember that Movies and Music will often require different levels hence the Sub Stereo adjustment!
Both music and movies it was awful

mitch1922

goatlips

SVS PB2000 PRO.

fatboy frank

fatboy frank

@mitch1922 out of interest, how have you got your sub's connected and what have you got your crossover set to?

mitch1922

Distinguished Member
I’ve just used dirac for the first time....has anyone else found the subs are way to loud. They are about 10db to loud according to REW
Are you accounting for the fact that the LFE channel is supposed to be 10db louder?

goskiingmn

Anyone else use subs like my REL that want you to draw of the front mains and the LFE? Need to figure out how to tune Dirac with that. I think you just disconnect from the fronts when doing dirac.

mitch1922

Are you accounting for the fact that the LFE channel is supposed to be 10db louder?
Yes I understand that 10db is added to LFE soundtrack

I checked it with rew and with an spl meter and it was way off

fatboy frank

Yes I understand that 10db is added to LFE soundtrack

I checked it with rew and with an spl meter and it was way off
So had you level matched your Sub's prior to running Dirac?
So how did you check it after you'd run Dirac, not using the internal test tones i hope?

fatboy frank

Unless it's been implemented differently on the HDA series, the internal test tones are independent of Dirac, to confirm levels post Dirac, you need to use an external source/calibration tones.