New Arcam AVR's

"They are showing very steady progress in addressing bugs"
In the HDA range maybe but bugs have been known in the FMJ's for not far short of a year and are still not fixed.

Not forgetting all the problems with Dirac BM for a long time Arcam said there was no problem then said oh sorry it is wrong. not good

Arcam are not alone in this, the audio/video industry in general is now a poor shadow of what it once was. But for as long as customers put up with poor service it will go on and on

Last edited:
Took the risk and purchased AVR-30 today. Updated to .99 no problem. Tried to connect Dirac Live. Dirac shows the AVR after the device scan but times out when trying to connect. Is this a known issue? Is Dirac Live not usable at all at this point in time? thx

Took the risk and purchased AVR-30 today. Updated to .99 no problem. Tried to connect Dirac Live. Dirac shows the AVR after the device scan but times out when trying to connect. Is this a known issue? Is Dirac Live not usable at all at this point in time? thx
I've had the AVR30 since New Year and am pleased. Until V .99, could not connect with Dirac. However, now can connect with Dirac but can't get all speakers to play the test tones and certainly cannot save any filters to the unit. I suggest not to bother trying to mess with it until the next V.

Can I ask when you purchased the avr 30 did the dealer tell you Dirac was not working and the firmware was still in beta inc v99 and some other functions may not work. if you was not told Dirac did not work you could get your money back or ask for a large discount since the AVR does not do what it is supposed to do

I knew that Dirac might still be a problem. I have been following this forum since I decided to buy the 30 late last year. After I saw that v.99 was solving a lot of problems I decided to pick up a unit. I put 4 speakers in the ceiling a couple of months ago and have been waiting for the 30 so I could process ATMOS to my 7.1.4 setup. I also picked up a 429 a few weeks back to drive them. Room has pretty good acoustics so can probably live without Dirac for a little while. Was driving my Boston Acoustic Left Right & Center with the 429 for that last few weeks and am really pleased with the depth and clarity of the sound coming from the 429 Amp. Replacing an Elite SC-25.

Any day now ;)

That may be so, but a statement form Dirac or Arcam direct rather than hints from a forum member would be a better way forward. and going on past form when/if it does come out it will contain errors. Dirac still have a problem with 2.41 or Arcam will get something wrong like BM on the FMJ's

Actually getting something wrong can happen to anyone, but to spend a long time denying any error before putting it right was not good

Such a shame how not to sell product

Last edited:
I knew that Dirac might still be a problem. I have been following this forum since I decided to buy the 30 late last year. After I saw that v.99 was solving a lot of problems I decided to pick up a unit. I put 4 speakers in the ceiling a couple of months ago and have been waiting for the 30 so I could process ATMOS to my 7.1.4 setup. I also picked up a 429 a few weeks back to drive them. Room has pretty good acoustics so can probably live without Dirac for a little while. Was driving my Boston Acoustic Left Right & Center with the 429 for that last few weeks and am really pleased with the depth and clarity of the sound coming from the 429 Amp. Replacing an Elite SC-25.

Will be great to hear your feedback how the AV30 combined with the P429 compares to your Elite SC-25. Are you using the AV30 for the 7.1 and the 429 to drive the 4 atmos/overhead channels?

Can I be nosy and ask where did you purchase it from?

New update is available

dirac enabled by the looks of it

Fix list:
20895: Enable Dirac room EQ.
21133: MQA files played from USB do not show as MQA.
21200: Could not turn on unit with RS232 unless HDMI & IP was set to on.
21233: Audio lost if playing DTS Virtual:X and then add height speakers.
21244: European character support , e.g. ‘á’.
21301: Turning Z2 off from IP when Z1 is in standby stops IP control.
21315: Menu > Input Config > Room EQ, OSD shows "Room_EQ", remove the "_"

Toldya.... now I've got a busy afternoon!🤣🤣

my other half can go out on her own now....im busy

Update went smooth

So far so good!👍

Attachments

• 20200216_141435.jpg
    20200216_141435.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 133
Completed the firmware update (which went through successfully to 1.04).

Last edited by a moderator:
Having more luck now - turns out I was on DIRAC 2.3 and 2.4.1 is available! So just installed and tried again and the calibration process is now working, including saving to one of the three slots.

As an update, the front display now shows DIRAC 'profile' Saving... seems to have been on that screen for a while, which seems strange... will update if it completes successfully/ any other lessons learnt over the next few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom