New Arcam AVR's

A JBL Synth employee has finally commented on the new firmware status.

"Please be assured that we are working diligently on releasing a new firmware.

Our intention is to provide a substantial update that will minimize the need for future updates. With this in mind, there were some requirements to meet before we could make such a release. The timeline has also been dependent on squashing bugs without any regression, so it’s important we go through the evaluation period for each new release candidate. We are encouraged, however, by the numerous advances with the latest Beta testing and we can reassure you that you can expect an update very soon. "

A JBL Synth employee has finally commented on the new firmware status.

"Please be assured that we are working diligently on releasing a new firmware.

Our intention is to provide a substantial update that will minimize the need for future updates. With this in mind, there were some requirements to meet before we could make such a release. The timeline has also been dependent on squashing bugs without any regression, so it’s important we go through the evaluation period for each new release candidate. We are encouraged, however, by the numerous advances with the latest Beta testing and we can reassure you that you can expect an update very soon. "

I'm sure that the phrase "substantial update" will have all owners now quaking in their boots.......

JBL have just release 1.46.

Fix list (v1.46):
IMS21645: Add DTS Neural:X & DTS Virtual:X to mode list if incoming format is DD2.0
IMS21647: Zone 2 audio seems affected by zone 1 upmixer
IMS21653: DANTE JBL using DANTE no audio from any 44.1kHz input (NET, CD, etc)
IMS21843: Height C & S speakers play Atmos Height middle source audio in 9.2.6 setup
IMS22108: Unit freezing when installing Dirac filters
IMS22358: DANTE – very low level click during Dirac calibration
IMS22410: When volume is 0 sub still had low output
IMS22416: Podcasts longer than 100 minutes display “—“ instead of time
IMS22428: Casting to AVR through spotify no longer wakes unit from standby
IMS22433: Strange characters appear on screen when changing volume
IMS22442: Front panel volume control goes up before down and down before up with Dante enabled
IMS22445: DANTE Burst of noise through all Dante channels with Atmos (A Star Is Born - 4K)
IMS22471: Grey bar appears on the screen if changes are made to the speaker types with the web gui
IMS22475: When control is set to RS232, internal test tones from web gui will not work
IMS22482: Sub can rarely go to high volume on power on
IMS22486: Streaming audio changing MCH stereo > Virtual X then skipping 5-10+ tracks could cause lockup
IMS22501: DLCT gets incorrect gain value from AVR unless the master output level is adjusted
IMS22525: 3D - OSD missing background
IMS22545: RS232/IP sending command 0x0D while unit is in mute shows volume on OSD but not front display
IMS22546: RS232/IP erroneous character displayed on URC controller
IMS22550: No sub out on ch13-16 with Auro and Speaker Types > Subwoofer > Present
IMS22705: “Display On Time” still active during update
IMS22725: Add volume control to web client GUI
IMS22732: Internet radio timer on display will start counting in letters for longer listening times
IMS22733: DANTE – pop at start of Dirac measurement
IMS22734: RS232/IP – Command 0x43 returns Analogue Direct for DTS:X source
IMS22738: Front panel shows “Bluetooth Not Connected” after being powered up from standby on BT input
IMS22743: RS232/IP commands sometimes not ack’d
IMS22830: Unable to change wifi networks from web gui
IMS22832: 24/96 Auro +EQ loses Auro (gices just DTS HDMA)
IMS22835: Allow choice to reset or not after update
IMS22858: Sub gain in “Speaker Types” menu does not apply so subs attached to ch13/14/15/16

JBL have just release 1.46.

Fix list (v1.46):
IMS21645: Add DTS Neural:X & DTS Virtual:X to mode list if incoming format is DD2.0
IMS21647: Zone 2 audio seems affected by zone 1 upmixer
IMS21653: DANTE JBL using DANTE no audio from any 44.1kHz input (NET, CD, etc)
IMS21843: Height C & S speakers play Atmos Height middle source audio in 9.2.6 setup
IMS22108: Unit freezing when installing Dirac filters
IMS22358: DANTE – very low level click during Dirac calibration
IMS22410: When volume is 0 sub still had low output
IMS22416: Podcasts longer than 100 minutes display “—“ instead of time
IMS22428: Casting to AVR through spotify no longer wakes unit from standby
IMS22433: Strange characters appear on screen when changing volume
IMS22442: Front panel volume control goes up before down and down before up with Dante enabled
IMS22445: DANTE Burst of noise through all Dante channels with Atmos (A Star Is Born - 4K)
IMS22471: Grey bar appears on the screen if changes are made to the speaker types with the web gui
IMS22475: When control is set to RS232, internal test tones from web gui will not work
IMS22482: Sub can rarely go to high volume on power on
IMS22486: Streaming audio changing MCH stereo > Virtual X then skipping 5-10+ tracks could cause lockup
IMS22501: DLCT gets incorrect gain value from AVR unless the master output level is adjusted
IMS22525: 3D - OSD missing background
IMS22545: RS232/IP sending command 0x0D while unit is in mute shows volume on OSD but not front display
IMS22546: RS232/IP erroneous character displayed on URC controller
IMS22550: No sub out on ch13-16 with Auro and Speaker Types > Subwoofer > Present
IMS22705: “Display On Time” still active during update
IMS22725: Add volume control to web client GUI
IMS22732: Internet radio timer on display will start counting in letters for longer listening times
IMS22733: DANTE – pop at start of Dirac measurement
IMS22734: RS232/IP – Command 0x43 returns Analogue Direct for DTS:X source
IMS22738: Front panel shows “Bluetooth Not Connected” after being powered up from standby on BT input
IMS22743: RS232/IP commands sometimes not ack’d
IMS22830: Unable to change wifi networks from web gui
IMS22832: 24/96 Auro +EQ loses Auro (gices just DTS HDMA)
IMS22835: Allow choice to reset or not after update
IMS22858: Sub gain in “Speaker Types” menu does not apply so subs attached to ch13/14/15/16

:eek:

Yes, as I was saying......

Good luck with that chaps.

Can't do mine, it's broken at arcam..🙄

It's just a box of crap tbh..😓
Hopefully they will fix it and the new firmware updates will bring it back to life for you.

What are you using for the time being, hopefully you haven't had to resort to a Denon or similar?

So in summary:

No new DSU
No DTS:X Pro
No Roon
Lots of Dante fixes that aren't applicable to the Arcam

Doesn't sound very substantial to me. If this is now the wait time in between updates I am likely to be using an Anthem long before I can be disappointed by the next firmware release.

So in summary:

No new DSU
No DTS:X Pro
No Roon
Lots of Dante fixes that aren't applicable to the Arcam

Doesn't sound very substantial to me. If this is now the wait time in between updates I am likely to be using an Anthem long before I can be disappointed by the next firmware release.

What DSU update are you expecting? They already have wide upmixing / 1.6, the same version used in the Anthems.

Dante is listed because as I mentioned these release notes are from JBL.

Roon is certified elsewhere, you need to check Roon's own list for that (It is unlikely to appear in release notes)

What DSU update are you expecting? They already have wide upmixing / 1.6, the same version used in the Anthems.

Dante is listed because as I mentioned these release notes are from JBL.
The one offered in the Denons perhaps. It wasn't an expectation more a hope. I doubt we will get anything more than a few bug fixes from now on until it dies a slow death.

I know they were from the JBL which is why I mentioned they weren't applicable. The Arcam isn't going to get anything else only this minus the Dante fixes which makes it even less substantial.

The one offered in the Denons perhaps. It wasn't an expectation more a hope. I doubt we will get anything more than a few bug fixes from now on until it dies a slow death.

I know they were from the JBL which is why I mentioned they weren't applicable. The Arcam isn't going to get anything else only this minus the Dante fixes which makes it even less substantial.

Just to be clear Anthem do not have DTS:X pro yet either.

Just to be clear Anthem do not have DTS:X pro yet either.
No, but they have committed to it unlike Arcam who have been silent. I would say the Anthem has a much better chance of getting it.

Hopefully they will fix it and the new firmware updates will bring it back to life for you.

What are you using for the time being, hopefully you haven't had to resort to a Denon or similar?
I'm using an old pioneer AX5AI

Attachments

• 20210225_165705.jpg
    20210225_165705.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 47
I don't recall it sounding that good tbh, probably cause I've got good speakers and a sub. Plugged a chromecast in the back of it and it's not really night and day between the arcam. Got the pioneer typical bright sound which nice.

Must admit when my AVR850 was being repaired, as I use an AppleTV for all viewing then I used some HomePods with the Atmos stuff enabled and my initial thoughts were, if Apple can make 5 of these talk together or more, AVR manufacturers won't be needed. The sound was really DAMN good.

Have an AVR30 now though :).

1.46 is out for arcam
11778399-D327-4502-8874-B3C804856D19.png

is it Friday already? :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom