New Arcam AVR's

When the space shuttle launches near the start of the film, my fillings fell out 😬
Just ordered it. Other half is back to work...🙏 praise the Lord. Can crank it right up 😃😃😃

Last edited:
How is the movie itself though? I sort of got bored half way through. Is it worth going back and finishing it?

Last edited:
Try a movie called Midsommar, great movie plus there is a dance towards the end that will bench your surrounds to the max putting the listener in a bubble of sound, very well mixed

If you look at perfect pursuits video he has the microphone horizontal 0 degrees. I guess that's why there is 2 separate calibration files.
I have tried both and the horizontal ie facing the 2 speakers works best for stereo in my room, but I use the 90 degree (vertical) for full surround speaker set up.

I dont think the results are grossly different either way but I have reverted to using 90 degrees all the tim because if nothing else it makes it easier to position the mic where I want it, that is much harder to do when its horizontal.

Thanks for watching my video :)

I dont think the results are grossly different either way but I have reverted to using 90 degrees all the tim because if nothing else it makes it easier to position the mic where I want it, that is much harder to do when its horizontal.

No thanks to you, I have learned a lot from your videos and reviews. 👍

+1 for thank-you for your video(s) on how to calibrate using Dirac, have been setting up the Arcam amplifier for music listening over the weekend following your video tutorial which has helped me better understand what to look for (very useful insights and explanation about what the aim of Dirac is and what to look for)!

How are you finding the new Arcam amplifier now that you've had it a while? Do you on balance prefer it from your previous ongoing FMJ model?

Looking forward to your next update video to get your latest perspective!

Also, out of interest, are you looking forward to Dirac Bass Management - do you think it'll make a big difference?

I am just getting back to the AVR30 after doing some other things, I think it's a fantastic sounding avr and I do think it's a step forward in a few areas.

I was having quite a few issues yesterday with Dirac 2.5.3 so went back to 2.4.1 if that helps anyone.

I have always been very happy with the bass management in dirac but clearly there are things that can be improved and it's great to see that improvement. I am looking forward to seeing what the new version brings hopefully 100% bug fixed and stability as well

I've not streamed any spotify in a while because I use Roon and tidal. So when i stream spotify from your phone constantly drops its connection, will not even play a complete song??

I do have the same issue with Spotify, and it seems to happen with other devices using google cast.
It's not an Arcam issue, this time

I do have the same issue with Spotify, and it seems to happen with other devices using google cast.
It's not an Arcam issue, this time
It's ok with tidal via airplay. Bloody thing!

I've not streamed any spotify in a while because I use Roon and tidal. So when i stream spotify from your phone constantly drops its connection, will not even play a complete song??
This was the same issue I had with 1 out of 3 samsung phones, but then it just started working one day and been perfect since.

It's was the dreaded Monday yesterday when normally I start again with unit lock ups then end up loosing my settings. But everything is still all good today.

I think it could possibly be my Amazon fire TV cube that causes HDMI ARC issues with the AVR, so I have not used it all week, so seems like the most likely culprit.

Last edited:
Apparently they are a load of phone network problems today Three, O2 and another one so if it's just today its not working right, it could be this.

I'm with three and with a Samsung phone,but as I said it's only spotify, I switched over to tidal and was ok, spotify totally unusable! It's ok if you leave the app open, soon as you do something else on your phone it just kicks out the AvR and you have to pair with it again

Me too i cant get my sub in the green without one of the rear back speakers clipping, without Dirac the speakers are all level at 75db with my Sound pressure meter and the Sub is very weighty.
Exactly the same for me, level too low for sub (svs PB3000) which shakes the house,
and too high for rear speakers. Dirac complains of levels too low or high ambient noise so can't continue. Feel like selling it all!

I tried spotify today with my iPhone and it works fine no trouble

Exactly the same for me, level too low for sub (svs PB3000) which shakes the house,
and too high for rear speakers. Dirac complains of levels too low or high ambient noise so can't continue. Feel like selling it all!

What software versions have you got on avr and dirac? They have fixed those issues.

Dolby Volume and Dolby Leveler with height speakers

Hi All!

Can anyone with Arcam AVR10/20/30 test if Dolby Volume and Dolby Leveler works if height speakers are enabled? For example 5.1.2 with 2 front height speakers? Or in 5.1.4 configuration. Does it work with Dolby Atmos and DTS Master tracks?

Thank you in advance!

Dolby Volume and Dolby Leveler with height speakers

Hi All!

Can anyone with Arcam AVR10/20/30 test if Dolby Volume and Dolby Leveler works if height speakers are enabled? For example 5.1.2 with 2 front height speakers? Or in 5.1.4 configuration. Does it work with Dolby Atmos and DTS Master tracks?

Thank you in advance!
I've always question to Dolby leveler even works.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom