New April (2022) 2019 SM Series OLED/NANO FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!

marcd5123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly shocked!!!.. Like I'm seriously impressed with LG and their updates the past few years they have absolutely stepped up.

Having a firmware update only back in February 2022 was impressive!!.. I realy did not expect another update for at least 6 months perhaps.. But to get another update only a mere few months later now that pretty cool... 👍😎. Okay LG still needs to work on it Description when issuing out firmware updates. However I'll take it anyday.

Each time they issue out an update in my view that keeps my TV upto date and any security updates as well. Again their was a notification that came out a few weeks back clearly stating that LG will be progressive with its updates and they are acutally keeping ture to their word.

For me it's a thank you to LG and hats of too you. 👍

SW File(Version 05.20.30) Detailed applicable model list : Please check with reference Tab exactly

IMG_20220430_201600_edit_766343129049.jpg
IMG_20220430_201852_edit_758829105613.jpg

Last edited:
You beat me to it! I was going to post about the update. My TV started nagging me yesterday, out of the blue. The frequency of updates is both a blessing and curse though. Why the frequency? What exactly is LG fixing?

You beat me to it! I was going to post about the update. My TV started nagging me yesterday, out of the blue. The frequency of updates is both a blessing and curse though. Why the frequency? What exactly is LG fixing?
Hi Buddy 🙂.. Ha.. Ha. We'll this is the thing.. Yes I'm acutally quite impressed!!!.. But as we know LG never seems to disclose exactly what are " fixing bugs" or "fixing minor bug details" ect..

Your guess is as well as mine on that font. So on one front it does keep our models bang upto date patch wise or security updates how on the other hand we don't know sometimes firmware updates may bring in other problems or breaks something we don't know.. 🤔.

So far so good on my TV iv not noting anything out of the ordinary so far. Or not noticed anything that would warrant as being odd /strange behaviour. However as we know not all the models behave in the same Manor after each firmware update it can be very subjective even on the same exact models.

I'll give it a couple of days yet. I need to prepare the update on USB stick.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom