1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Apple 30 Inch HD Displays?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Oct 9, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy the Apple 30 Inch HD Display but since it's been out nearly a year, wondering if a new one is coming out soon? Are there any displays known to man that rival this display?

2. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    You need to make sure you have a graphics card with a Dual Link DVI port to run this at it's native res, so somthing like a Geforece 6800 Ultra+ or a radeon X850+

3. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am gonna buy the X850 Platinum Edition anyways - it's only like 300 quid... but nah, any new versions of the 30 coming out?!

The whole reason is that I think I gotta start to separate my gaming PC and a "work" one. Right now I am sitting on a 3.2 Socket 478, with 2 Gigs of Low Latency Ram and a Radeon 9800 Pro All in Wonder connected to a 21.3 Inch Samsung 213T which is getting kinda old...

My gaming rig I am thinking will have 4 Gigs of Corsair's Lowest Latency with the Athlon 4800+ and that new x1800 graphic cards (two of them SLIed) and the usual Raptors.

I have a Raptor in all my PCs, in my Media Center one and this one now. The 36 and the 74.

4. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Damn, where do you work?

5. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Batman's Batcave.

I am Alfred.

6. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am just a poor AGP user for now.

7. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Same,to expensive to upgrade to PCI-E, new motherboard, new cpu, new ram, all just to get a top of the line graphics card...if I did not have 2GB of RAM in my current PC then I would prolly upgrade, but wiht the recent investment of a P4 3.4GHZ socket 478 CPU, I doubt i'd upgrade anytime soon, to bad they don't make a MATX PCI-E 478 motherboard, I know ASUS makes a ATX version...