Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New Apple 30 Inch HD Displays?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Oct 9, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy the Apple 30 Inch HD Display but since it's been out nearly a year, wondering if a new one is coming out soon? Are there any displays known to man that rival this display?

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    You need to make sure you have a graphics card with a Dual Link DVI port to run this at it's native res, so somthing like a Geforece 6800 Ultra+ or a radeon X850+

3. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am gonna buy the X850 Platinum Edition anyways - it's only like 300 quid... but nah, any new versions of the 30 coming out?!

The whole reason is that I think I gotta start to separate my gaming PC and a "work" one. Right now I am sitting on a 3.2 Socket 478, with 2 Gigs of Low Latency Ram and a Radeon 9800 Pro All in Wonder connected to a 21.3 Inch Samsung 213T which is getting kinda old...

My gaming rig I am thinking will have 4 Gigs of Corsair's Lowest Latency with the Athlon 4800+ and that new x1800 graphic cards (two of them SLIed) and the usual Raptors.

I have a Raptor in all my PCs, in my Media Center one and this one now. The 36 and the 74.

4. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Damn, where do you work?

5. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Batman's Batcave.

I am Alfred.

6. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am just a poor AGP user for now.

7. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Same,to expensive to upgrade to PCI-E, new motherboard, new cpu, new ram, all just to get a top of the line graphics card...if I did not have 2GB of RAM in my current PC then I would prolly upgrade, but wiht the recent investment of a P4 3.4GHZ socket 478 CPU, I doubt i'd upgrade anytime soon, to bad they don't make a MATX PCI-E 478 motherboard, I know ASUS makes a ATX version...