New Anthony Gallo Reference 5LS

Grayman

Just saw these new AG Reference 5 speakers, talk about low WAF!!

Reference 5LS Loudspeaker | Reference Home Speakers | Stereo Speakers

Look amazing, over 5ft tall and no doubt will be very expensive once available over here, but love the idea of using multiple smaller speakers to produce the bass, that way ensuring they are very fast, they look very cool too, in a guys utlimate music room sort of way.

Will keep an eye out for UK prices and reviews, just thought they were an interesting speaker, haven't seen anything new from AG for a bit.

t72bogie

yeah, Ive been watching those since announced last year ...still no proper specs or UK pricing yet on their website ...but if they are $15K dollars, that usually equates to £15K pounds by the time they land here :(

... by all accounts so far, they are pretty awesome ....with the equivalent of a 15" sub in each one they should be good for AV use ........I thought the WAF was pretty good due to the small foot print ...they would fit perfectly in the floor space I have allocated to my Gallo 3.1s .... and be just a couple of feet taller :up ;)

Grayman

True about the footprint, but just the sheer height of these would make them a non starter, that and the price of course!!

They look amazing, can only imagine how good they would sound, Ill have to keep an eye on some of the local Gallo dealers to see whether any get some in. It's a very different arrangement with the number of individual speakers and tweeters, Anthony Gallo seem to favour that design to the more traditional one tweeter/woofer configuration, they must see some areas where tradtional speakers cant perform as well as a multi speaker config.

t72bogie

yeah, it does seem like the ultimate development of their existing products - like 3-4x the Reference AV that I use ...which is just 4 ball mid range and one tweeter

Hopefully one may not need a sub if each of those has the equivalent to a 15" in them ...I want to see how low they go ...you could sell it to the missus then ..no sub in the room LOL ;)

I cant see many dealers get them in for demos though ......how many £15K speakers do you think the avg hi-fi dealer sells per week ;)

iainbo

Standard Member
Hi Guys, Just thought i'd add my twopenceworth. The ref 5 is on permanent demo at midland hi-fi studio in Wolverhampton. They are awesome in both build and sound and they are a bargain at £16,000 ( including sub amp ). And no they do not need a subwoofer, as with the ref 3 the sub amp drives the second coil in the woofers. They are the only speakers i have heard to date that completely disappear and create a soundstage that is unbelievable. I currently use ref 3.1 and the ref 5 is the best speaker i have REGARDLESS of cost. So what are you waiting for. They are not even being driven by expensive electronics and they still sound stunning. I hope you take the effort to hear them, you will not be disappointed. Hope this helps.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys, Just thought i'd add my twopenceworth. The ref 5 is on permanent demo at midland hi-fi studio in Wolverhampton. They are awesome in both build and sound and they are a bargain at £16,000 ( including sub amp ). And no they do not need a subwoofer, as with the ref 3 the sub amp drives the second coil in the woofers. They are the only speakers i have heard to date that completely disappear and create a soundstage that is unbelievable. I currently use ref 3.1 and the ref 5 is the best speaker i have REGARDLESS of cost. So what are you waiting for. They are not even being driven by expensive electronics and they still sound stunning. I hope you take the effort to hear them, you will not be disappointed. Hope this helps.

The only two posts on this forum from you and both of them duplicate posts praising these speakers.

I think I might buy a pair, no in fact I'll take 6 pairs on your recommendation alone.

Last edited:

iainbo

Standard Member
Double post was an error. Better things to do with my life. Looks like this is your life. It may take a while to get six pairs organized. Oops sardines are on fire!

KUBBY

There you are,Crusty,I've saved you some money.

K.

iainbo

Standard Member
Hi again. My original post was intended as an information guide only and it is up to the reader to decide if it worth the trip to hear them. I do not gain in any way if somebody decides to purchase. I find it funny that the original postees have not replied to the thread but that two guys with over 9,000 posts between them have decided to interject. The facts speak for themselves, both of you would be better growing up and getting a life! Perhaps you could be the founding members of the sad ******** society. No forget that, you already are. I apologize in advance to any decent folk out there of who may take offence to my comments.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I find it funny that the original postees have not replied to the thread but that two guys with over 9,000 posts between them have decided to interject.

Likewise, I find it funny that someone who has been a member on these forums for almost a year now without any posts at all suddenly decides to pitch in with glowing praise for a £16,000 loudspeaker and are quite specific about where you can go and demo them.

t72bogie

I wont be demoing them any time soon here as I dont have a spare £16K kicking around right now :(

they are ideal for me though as im floor space but not height constrained ....maybe if my numbers come up on the lottery this week :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom