Anthem AVM70 & 90 Owners Thread

alebonau

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this to see what comes ? :D

“The best is yet to come.” apparently

the countdown has begun !

the little snippet of what’s coming that can see looks tasty....

great to see from anthem... I don’t particularly need a processor ... but very curious abs depending on what’s coming ... who knows :D

always open to temptation hehe

yes that seems to be on the receiver side. Am more looking at the AVM - processor which I think this will be a new one to replace arm 60 :) i wonder if this new styling (from sneak peak)
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 12.59.24 pm.png

like before will go across the range. seems consistent with other anthem product ... looks very slick...

much thanks @adam-burnley

thats really interesting its a 15 channel device and 4 subwoofer channels !

wonder what the new DSP is all about.

good on you for posting this here, certainly do share any more info found on the new AVM models to come...

The new DSP will be for firmware and decoding options for certain new formats.
We are very excited about the new processors as we supply/install many Anthem processors but can’t say anymore due to NDA’s.
Rich@SeriouslyCinema

I’m hoping that the Anthem AVM70 can be my first ever processor. I have an Elektra amp (Australian brand) on the way. I just hope that the price isn’t too far above the current $5k AUD of the AVM60 (I do expect an increase, I’m just hoping it’s not huge).

I’m hoping that the Anthem AVM70 can be my first ever processor. I have an Elektra amp (Australian brand) on the way. I just hope that the price isn’t too far above the current $5k AUD of the AVM60 (I do expect an increase, I’m just hoping it’s not huge).

congrats buylow Sellhigh ! the elektra are a lovely thing ...below is 2nd one of mine before sliding into position few years ago :) Trully amazing aussie goodness 😍

IMG_3381.jpeg

Am sure the anthem will be a lovely addition as well to match... indeed do hope for you the AVM70 doesnt exceed far past the current $5k aussie price point of the avm60...does leave me wondering where also that leaves the AVM 90 to end up :D

anyways can't be long before the announcement .... :)

interesting they have taken the approach of leaving out hdmi 2.1... leaving it for an update at a later date

probably a smart move... though does leave the question what that will cost when eventuates...

still good on them to be what looks like a significant update of their processor range...price of the AVM 90 is significant, but it seems to be where all decent processors are ending up ... the marantz av8805 is also ending up in the $10k range by the time you do the hdmi 2.1 update to it ?

still wondering what the 15 channels are all about ? what flexibility is there for configuring and using those :) looks like quite a number of subs ... discrete ? or do you still have to do the ARC work around ?

good to see new mic for calibration and reworking on the analog stages...

wonder if they will post a pic of the AVMs back side ... might give some clues :D

looks like quite a number of subs ... discrete ? or do you still have to do the ARC work around ?

yes folks ...finally discrete and independant outputs with the anthem... Gene has confirmed...he said he sat down to talk to them and they have come through... and genesis works across it...

no onscreen display ? web - tablet or smart phone only.

also DTS-X only ... not pro ? no auro 3D ?

Last edited:
Hey Al,

Long time no see... I see your on here as well. I'm looking at selling my AVM60 and going with the AVM70 lol. Anthem sure have come through this time around... With adding auto distance/phase and delay now... That was always my pet peeve of mine..... Although it's rather easy to do when you have REW to fine tune and dial everything in.

Hope your well bud!
Kevin

Hey Al,

Long time no see... I see your on here as well. I'm looking at selling my AVM60 and going with the AVM70 lol. Anthem sure have come through this time around... With adding auto distance/phase and delay now... That was always my pet peeve of mine..... Although it's rather easy to do when you have REW to fine tune and dial everything in.

Hope your well bud!
Kevin

hi Kevin ! great to see you ! all good here ! hope the same :)

yeah i remember us measuring BBars setup years ago with your REW rig :)

indeed it is something ive always seen lacking in anthem setup the work arounds and manual aspects ... especially with dual subs it looks like they have come through with this one. I really like their dedication with more accurate mic as well. few makers like marantz / denon been going the other way with abandoning the calibrated mic and such ! which i dont like :)

Last edited:
hi Kevin ! great to see you ! all good here ! hope the same :)

yeah i remember us measuring BBars setup years ago with your REW rig :)

indeed it is something ive always seen lacking in anthem setup the work arounds and manual aspects ... especially with dual subs it looks like they have come through with this one. I really like their dedication with more accurate mic as well. few makers like marantz / denon been going the other way with abandoning the calibrated mic and such ! which i dont like :)

Hahaha.... Ahh yes the good old days man. I really miss that guy!. Such a great bloke.

Yeah back then I was using omnimic....ive switched over to REW now as it's got so many cool features now..... It's hard to not use it.

Anthem have always used a specifically calibrated mic with all thier units..... But I'm guessing this one might have a loop back signal so it can ping the speaker and calculate the distance accordingly..... Like Audyssey does..... So I'm guessing it has that feature in it.

Some of these new processors are coming out with WEBUIs now..... Trinnov and Monolith at the top of my head and now Anthem.... Might be cheaper to implement?..... And easier to program I'm guessing?....all in all... I'll always miss on screen menus 😔.

Hope you are well my friend... And we should really catch up again soon. I still speak to AL hear and there..... Very rarely though. But would love to catch up with both of you once COVID is over 😊

My friend and dealer has told me these are the expected prices.

AVM70 - £3599, AVM90 - £6749, MRX1140 £3899, MRX740 £2799

Well I'm glad I never got to test a AVM60 then and wasted my time with an Arcam AV40 instead, would hate to have just gotten an AVM60 now!

It will be interesting to see the details and read reviews of the AVM70/90. My local dealer is thinking of dumping Arcam so perhaps he'll get an Anthem (though he was looking at McIntosh when I spoke to him).

Will be good to see what they sound like when available

The AVM70 looks interesting at that price

That pricing is a lot better than I was expecting. Was expecting a much bigger price increase for AVM70. Mixed feelings whether I should have waited before buying the 60 back in April.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom