1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and scared!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by spocktra, Nov 23, 2004.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    New member here.Getting a bit worried about all the problematic tvs out there.Heres my story.Had a brilliant 24" sony saved up a few quid read a lot of reviews[retrospectively a bad move] in the end went for a 32pd30.Had very high expectations but am not happy with it.Phoned empire direct who were brilliant, offered to swap.Have opted for the 32zp48.Then come on here and read the bad stuff.It is due on friday unless anyone can convince me of another better option.All i ask is it has to be 32" good quality less than a grand.Its doing my wifes head in because if she had her way i would be buying a beko or something.Thanks to anyone for helping a novice.Rant over...

2. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you believe everything you read on the Internet you would never make a purchase!! Everyone has bad experiences with everything!! Granted there are a lot of badly setup TV's out there but you just have to take the chance at the end of the day,make you mind up when it's been delivered ;) ...............

3. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Cheers for the advice mate.Will see on friday what the tosh is like ,it was the buzzing from the pd30 that bothered me more than the pq.

4. MixerMan1

MixerMan1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DRGL is right, there is good and bad, and don't forget that the bad always gets shouted from the roof tops!

I was in the same position a few weeks back, after reading many Mags and these threads I went for the 36ZP48 - the TV I have is simply the buisness.

However it is all about personal choice - what I like may not be what other people like.

IMHO I think you will be more than pleased with your choice :)

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Whenever anyone asks I always recommend the Toshiba 32ZP48. I'm very very happy with mine. Once you have adjusted your new one for your personal taste I'm sure you'll be very happy with it too - think about ordering the separate external speaker stands for it (once you're happy with it), when this model becomes obsolete you won't be able to get them for love nor money. Regards, yt.