• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New and hello! Got a TC-42PX14

OppoPX14

Standard Member
Hi all, I've been using a Oppo 983 DVD player for the last few months. I went down to Costco to find a replacement for my little Toshiba 30" 16/9 crt. I had about $1150. in hand and really wanted a nice 37" or larger LCD. When I got there, I was shocked to find a well informed salesman! He asked what I'd use it for, and I told him, I'd watch upsampled DVD movies in a dark room 90% of the time. He said to buy the Plasma and forget about lcd's (at my price point).

Anyway, this Panasonic Plasma has one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen. I'm on the second week with it and 5 friends have come by to see it, only to leave in disgust at the thought of going home to watch there lcd sets!

I'm not sure how Panasonic can make any money on this TV at the $650. costco price? :clap::clap::clap:

Nice site you all have.

traceme

Standard Member
Hello!

I just bought this same model today and I am having a heck of a time calibrating it. I know you should wait at least 100 hours for "proper" calibrating but can you please tell me what settings you are using? Thank you SO much!

Hi all, I've been using a Oppo 983 DVD player for the last few months. I went down to Costco to find a replacement for my little Toshiba 30" 16/9 crt. I had about $1150. in hand and really wanted a nice 37" or larger LCD. When I got there, I was shocked to find a well informed salesman! He asked what I'd use it for, and I told him, I'd watch upsampled DVD movies in a dark room 90% of the time. He said to buy the Plasma and forget about lcd's (at my price point).

Anyway, this Panasonic Plasma has one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen. I'm on the second week with it and 5 friends have come by to see it, only to leave in disgust at the thought of going home to watch there lcd sets!

I'm not sure how Panasonic can make any money on this TV at the $650. costco price? :clap::clap::clap:

Nice site you all have.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom