New Amstrad Box & Keane IR Repeater?

H4KSY

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well - following the failure of my old samsung PVR4 box, I now have a new Amstrad PVR5 with the 500GB HDD I think,

Only problem is - I can't seem to locate the IR reciever on the box to use my keane IR repeater.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Trial & error doesn't seem to be working out!

All I can offer is that my repeater's emitter works anywhere that's vaguely in front of the receiver.

All I can offer is that my repeater's emitter works anywhere that's vaguely in front of the receiver.

Yep.

Mines just on the shelf near the front of the Sky box, the sticky stuff has faded, but it still works fine.

FYI, its just left of centre where its vaguely pionting:)

You take a piece of dark, matt cardboard and hold it in front of the left then the right side of the front panel, while operating the remote. That will tell you whether the sensor is left, right or near the centre.
Now cut a 25mm hole in the centre of the cardboard and move it around the front panel while operating the remote. That will narrow down the search. Now use a piece of card with a 5mm hole to locate the sensor exactly.

(If this appears not to work it's because of reflections from walls, ceiling or the card which must be dark, matt on both sides.)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom