new amplifier for Sony-DAV DZ500F

C

c4mel

I recently bought a new Sony DAV DZ500F system, which I love.

Only to find out, I can't plug in my Sky HD box via an optical input to watch Sky in glorious 5.1.

I was looking to buy a separate amp reciever to help, but the watts and impedance of the speakers doesn't seem to match the best bugdet buys in the magazines (Denon AVR-1706).

The speakers are 143W each (2.7 Ohms) and the subwoofer is 285W (1.3 Ohms) so I want something which will fill the system but not blow it up.

Any suggestions?

Also, my subwoofer has a bi-wire input whereas most amps have a single pre-out. What do I do here?

stavros69

Standard Member
c4mel said:
I recently bought a new Sony DAV DZ500F system, which I love.

Only to find out, I can't plug in my Sky HD box via an optical input to watch Sky in glorious 5.1.

I was looking to buy a separate amp reciever to help, but the watts and impedance of the speakers doesn't seem to match the best bugdet buys in the magazines (Denon AVR-1706).

The speakers are 143W each (2.7 Ohms) and the subwoofer is 285W (1.3 Ohms) so I want something which will fill the system but not blow it up.

Any suggestions?

Also, my subwoofer has a bi-wire input whereas most amps have a single pre-out. What do I do here?
I would like to know the same thing please !!! :lease: :lease:

Top Bottom