new amp...

jamesmmm

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,
im looking to get a new stereo amp to use with my Micromega stage 2 cd player, and celef speakers...... currently using a cheap AV amp which is definately not getting the most out of the cdp and speakers......
my budget is around £350...... ive been looking at the NADc352.. any opinions or other good suggestions?
thanks
james

Rotel RA-02
Marantz pm7200

:smashin:

booktrunk

I think the Marantz PM7200ki amplifier makes the most sense within your budget.

Nothing else really springs to mind. Perhaps a second hand Rotel RA-1060 if you can find one, but they're somewhat illusive.

Can second the Marantz PM7200 even with the KI addition. Probably the best stereo amp in that price bracket. Blows any £600-800 HT amp out of the water.

James - judging from reviews & specs alone the Nad would be recommended. But I've no direct experience of it, so can't personally recommend it.

ive have heard a lot of good things about the pm7200.... is the KI version any better???

the nad is meant to be much better in it's revised version i think it's called a c352CT
The marantz pm7200 is excekllent, haven't heard the KI version but in the past KI versions have always been worth the difference!!

If you buy the PM7200 you will forever wonder what the KI version sounded like. At £390 it's worth it. I heard with 603s, really nice detail.

i think im going to go for the pm7200 KI.... My CD player (micromega stage 2) was a hand down from my brother; is it worth spending the extra on the amp for use with this cd player (i.e is the cd player any good!!)
james

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom