Question New amp setup help

rbl100

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I've just switched to a yamaha Rx v383, from a htr2064.

By old Blu-ray player (Sony bdp s380) is showing video but no audio when running through the amp.
When I plug straight into the TV, all is well.

I've tried messing around with audio output/input settings on both sides, but no luck...

The v383 manual says that non-hcdp can be an issue, and I can't seem to see if the bluray has it or not..

Is it just too old now?
The reason for the upgrade was a switch to an Xbox x so may just watch stuff on that (which does have sound!)

I figured it might be the age of the player, hence put it here?

Oops sorry, misread your post thought you were talking about receivers. :blush:

I figured it might be the age of the player, hence put it here?
I agree, it's more likely to be a player settings issue. Was sound working OK before you changed the receiver?

Audio settings HDMI auto and BD Audio Mix: off should be all you need to pass Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio to the receiver as both player and receiver support this.

You could try running a co-ax cable between the player and the receiver for sound and direct conect player to TV for video which if it was HDCP related would bypass it (it's only on HDMI).
I don't think this is the problem though.

Last edited:
I agree, it's more likely to be a player settings issue. Was sound working OK before you changed the receiver?
You could try running a co-ax cable between the player and the receiver for sound and direct conect player to TV for video which if it was HDCP related would bypass it (it's only on HDMI).

Yep, worked fine on my older Yamaha.
I think this is maybe the answer. I've gone straight to TV currently. Just needs coax to join it to get audio back through speakers. TV just can't cut it! Looking forward to my first ultra HD on the xbone though. Wife got me board funberblade 2049 :) thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom