1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New amp - Marantz 6010OSE Ki Sig

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NickXX, Jul 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. NickXX

NickXX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently bought a pair of B&W 601s3s, and was hoping to replace my Marantz PM66se (which I bought in 1999).

Richer sounds is doing the Marantz 6010OSE Ki-Sig model for £199.99, and I was thinking of getting it. Has anyone tried it out? I'm basically looking for somethign with a bit more weight, as I'm otherwise very happy with the PM66se.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The KI Sig is a nice amp, but more "weight".....hmmm. I've always thought it was a bit bass-light compared with it's peers (NAD C370, Roksan Kandy MkI), but that is probably the Marantz family sound shining through. If you like the 66, the 6010 will surely please too. A definate step up from what you have IMO & £199 is a bargain!

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you Like the Marantz Sound the new PM7200 has been reviewed well it can be switched to 'Class A' operation £340 but you could shop around.

4. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I looked at buying into either of these amps for better stereo but am i right in thinking these will not integrate with my Marantz 5300?
    Would i be able to set the amps up together so i could use it with my AV amp?

5. William Shin

William Shin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to RS with a friend of mine who wants to buy the Marantz 6010SE KI three weeks ago.

I phoned the branch and checked the stock availability. The sales man said they got in stock so I reserved it.

When we got there there wasn't any display of that model in the shop. The guy I spoke on the phone went to the warehouse to get the amp out. A few minutes later the guy came out with empty hands. Said to me when he tried to take it down from the rack something fell down on the box and damaged the one side of the amp. I could do nothing but laughing. What a silly lie! :mad:

Instead he tried to sell their exclusive cheap cambridge audio amp. What a waste of time and petrol!

Avoid RS and don't trust them! :thumbsdow

But if they have got the amp on the shelf physically then go and get it. Good bargain.

6. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Rick.
    You want Both of the amps to integrate with your 5300? or either one of them?

It is Quite easy to set a stereo amp up to run your front speakers while leaving your AV amp to drive the surrounds, there are many threads on the forum describing how.

7. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Hi, sorry i did'nt make it clear but what i think i am after is an stereo amp with a fixed gain?
    So then i can set the volume at 12 o'clock, use the pre outs from my sr5300 into the amp and then set the test tone levels up to match.
    Then hopefully i wont have to turn both volumes up at the same time.
    Does either the 6010 or pm7200 have these functions?

8. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You have two threads on this? Once you turn the volume dial to a specific position and leave it you have 'fixed the gain' all amplifiers are like this when you change volume you are changing the 'gain' of the amp, Leave the volume alone (at 12 o’clock if you like) and the gain is fixed.

What I thought you were asking for in your other thread was an AV input, this is an input which bi-passes the volume control and has a true 'fixed gain' as I said I do not believe the Marantz amps have this functionality Arcam do as do a few other high end amp’s but if you ask me all amps should have this facility.

9. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    No i dont have 2 threads on this, i only started one of my own because i wasnt getting any joy here.
    Your help is appreciated.

10. NickXX

NickXX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Just an update, I decided to go for the Rotel RB03 which I got of JohnS on the forums. It's a 70w power amp, so hopefully will give the B&Ws the kick they need.

Thanks for the help,

Nick

11. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The RB03 is a power amp? How will you run it? Do you have a pre amp already?

12. NickXX

NickXX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I'm going to ditch my CD player and Tuner, and use my PC as my only source. I'm gonna use the M-Audio Revolution Soundcard as the pre-amp. If i'm really unimpressed with it, I'll have to spend a bit more on a pre-amp, but as it's the only source, I'm hoping it should be fine.