1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Amp for Home Cinema

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Sarge, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Sarge

Sarge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi

a little advice please

looking for an amp for a smallish room, will connecting ntlbox, video, dvd (digital output), xbox (digital output) and another games console.

Been looking at the denon 1602- but i don't think it has enough digital inputs. Does the equivalent marantz (seems to have more inputs) match the denon.

Secondly are there any slimline amps? I've seen the pioneer but it seems to be very limited on inputs.

thanks for any advice

I'll come back later for help with some small speakers :)

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +936
    Hi

The Denon 1802 may suit you better as it has 4 digital inputs, 3 optical and 1 coaxial. You´ll find as you go up the range the amount of inputs etc increases, this usually applies to most manufacturers.

As you´ve mentioned, Pioneer have slimline amps but most others tend to be larger (taller).

cheers

3. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Marantz and Denon are usually very similar spec, you won`t get loads of digital inputs unless you go for a midrange amp / receiver. Exactly how many do you need, and what combination (.i.e optical / coaxial)?

Panasonic have just released a slimline amp, sony are due onele, and yamaha are due one also late July. Pioneer are replaceing the current model next month, think it has an extra dig in....

Hope that helps?

4. Sarge

Sarge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks I'll go take a look

need two optical style ones, one for dvd and one for xbox

now looking for some speakers - missions fs2av at empiredirect seem too good a deal at £370 coupled with yamaha amp or maybe aego p5??? ahh its all so confusing......