1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New AMP for a newbee (SONY STRDB2000)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by xaser1066, Dec 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. xaser1066

xaser1066

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All :hiya: , I have just purchased a basic component home cinema setup consisting of SONY STRDB2000 + SONY SA-VE835ED + SONY DVP-NS955 + SONY VPL-HS50 (get the SONY trend here :rotfl: ). My question as a newbee is how (which would be best) to connect to DVD/CD player to the AMP - should I use the component audio (ie. decoded 5.1 etc) or should I use the digital audio stream and decode it in the AMP. The AMP is a digital AMP I don't know if it is best to use the AMP to decode and ampify or use the DVD to decode? Which would give me more control? I could just connect both and try it out (when it arrives!!) Thanks, Jason.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jason,
    Congrats on the new Kit :thumbsup: with ref to connecting the DVD to the amp it is preferable to use either the optical or Electrical Digital output so the amp does all the decoding for 5.1!
    Ref to use for CD there is no reason why you cannot connect 2 RCA cables and use the analogue input on the amp for 2 channel stereo it all depends on how good the DACS are in the DVD/CD player see what you prefer.. :)

John

3. xaser1066

xaser1066

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John, thanks for the reply - makes sense - I will give it a go (can't wait).
    Cheers, Jason

4. SonyES

SonyES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In this case when you have a Sony S-Master Digital amp I would suggest you to use digital interconnection with both HT and music. Try both and listen which way it sounds the best for you.