New amp advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by vonshabon, Aug 8, 2012.

1. vonshabon

vonshabon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and would like to say hello. Not only am I new to the forum I am also an absolute novice when it comes to audio tech so was wondering if anyone can give advise.

I have Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers that I run from an old Technics SU-VZ220. I mainly use a turntable and have my pc hooked up to it. Im now considering the journey of getting some half decent equipment to add to my speakers (which are plenty all I need for the size of the room they are in). I have been looking at a Marantz 6003 amp that gets great reviews. Compared to the amp I have would I really notice that much of a difference in sound quality to warrant getting one. I am on a very low budget.

Thanks for any help:smashin:

2. vonshabon

vonshabon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    With my lack of knwledge I believe that I may have put this in the wrong area of the forum, please forgive me if I have. I have now started a new thread in the hifi/seperates sub forum. I hope I now have it right:blush: