1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New *Alphason AG94/2-s

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by johnnycab, Feb 26, 2005.

1. johnnycab

johnnycab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently acquired a new screen - a Pioneer 435XDE and want to place it on a proper stand. I have also bought the Pioneer Table Top stand - however, I find the new model Alphason AG94/2-s aesthetically pleasing.

In addition, I viewed this stand today at the Bristol show and was on my shopping list. However, I found the exhibitors quite 'cocky' when I started asking a few questions i.e. no screen was mounted on it, it did not seem that sturdy - the answers were usually pointed in the direction of the website. Yes, I know all the info is on the web - but sometimes I like to see the product, as it will be used physically, not stored as an image on my PC to be viewed!!!

Also, considering that everyone is there to sell, as I was there to buy...and paid £7 for the privilege to do so! IMHO it does not reflect well on the part of Alphason - especially the price of £350 is not justified compared to their neighbour - Lik-Stand who are offering a quality product.

What are your views on their stands, pricing policy or warranty procedures? and should I invest in one of these stands?

2. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I spent a while talking to the guys at Alphason lunchtime today (2 older guys, there were 2 young guys in the afternoon) and they were very helpful. I was primarily interested in the Sagem HD45 they had on display, they even offered to sell me one, but couldn't match a deal with John Lewis.

Anyway, I have both Alphason and Optimum stands on my shortlist for the Sagem although I also like the Stil Stands.

3. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of the Alphason AG94/2-s stands ordered from Empire Direct, I really like the look of it. Empire have them for a more realistic price of £278, although they are currently out of stock.

4. johnnycab

johnnycab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OkUThinkOfAName - Thanks for the tip - £278 is definitely closer to the real price for this stand. I also think they look quite good. However, I am worried about the placing any equipment on it...

What screen have you mounted on it? Also, have you placed any equipment on the shelves. How sturdy does it feel?

TIA

5. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don`t actualy have anything to mount on the stand yet and don`t even have the stand it is on order at the moment. I`m intending to mount a Philips 429946, I don`t want to order the screen until I have something to mount it on.

I have been assured by someone who has seen the stand that it is more than capable of supporting any current plasma upto 42" and associated AV equipment.