New Alien Boxset (9 Discs!!!!!)

nictry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just spotted this info, a new 9 disc version of the Alien Box set is due out in 2003, whatever next a 24 disc version of the LOTR trilogy when it is complete!!!!

Hi nictry - do you have the ref, pls ?

:(

Not sure I can justiyfy the upgrade from the old box-set, which is a shame as I love the first 2 films. Any links to the full Specs avaliable yet?

Originally posted by James45
even if that's a disc full of extras per film what's on the ninth disc?!

The first box-set had an extra disc called Alien Legacy, so I'm guessing 2-Discers for all 4 films, and that extra on it's own. The company I work for worked on the last box-set, so hopefully we'll get the job for this too [Crosses Fingers]

Originally posted by minicooper69
:(

Not sure I can justiyfy the upgrade from the old box-set, which is a shame as I love the first 2 films. Any links to the full Specs avaliable yet?

Me too mate, bet it will cost a fair whack too. But ill have to get it

I missed out on the extras disc. I was in the States the week of the release so bought from a retail store with a send-away-offer for the extra disc.

I don't usually justify re-releases, but in the case of the Aliens films, I just can't say no :)

I may not really like 3 and 4, but I just can't help being drawn to the series.

Please please please, lets at least have an honest look back at the making of Alien 3.

I patiently await

Screw it, lets just have it now :)

Originally posted by Spazwunkle
I don't usually justify re-releases, but in the case of the Aliens films, I just can't say no :)

Thats exactly the same with me, just because its aliens i have to have it.

I'll have your old 5 disc box set when the new one arrives :D

nothing on foxhome - they're still pushing the legacy set

Originally posted by Harry Potter
I'll have your old 5 disc box set when the new one arrives :D

If the price is right you may:D

This is a bloody disgrace - I will not be buying this. The current Boxset has everything and more - a great selection of extras and beautifully presented.

Exactly, if you don't want it, dont buy it. I will definitely be getting this even though I already have the R1 Alien Legacy, I just hope al films come with a DTS soundtrack!!

I didnt like 3 or 4, but if they re released them with a DFS soundtrack, I might be tempted to give them another try.

I thought there was supposed to be an Alien 5 coming out?

Originally posted by Confucius
What, annoying young people singing about sofas?

:D I don't know why but that really made me laugh :D

Got to agree with Ben (Hur) - i thought the idea of releasing a boxset (with numerous extra's) was to say 'get this definative version'. Then they go and announce this. While i agree that its upto the individual wether they buy this or not, i still think Fox are taking the p***.

Where will it end - after this one, will they release another 'Ultimate, Utimate' edition?.

Got my R2 boxset (with the extra disk) from wollies for £29.99, so i think i'll pass on this one.

btw - has anyone heard anything about the new alien film they were supposed to making? (boxset to follow, with all 5 films ;-)

Releasing more ultimate than the last ultimate version seems to be a way of life. They know us mug collectors cant stand having a better version out than the one we have.

I've replaced T2, Stargate (and again in a couple of weeks), Die Hard Box Set, Pulp Fiction, Resevour Dogs, Jackie Brown, The Mummy...

No doubt there will be more:mad:

I wonder if they'll bring out a "Super Collectors Special Edition" later on incorporating both box sets :rolleyes: :D

You cant really call the ALien legacy set the ultimate edition.

Sure they have done a good job with Alien and the alien legacy disk is very good. The extras on the remaining films get poorer with each one. No commentries - Alien 3 a 10 minute making of, Alien resurection a 5 minute making of with a trailer.

The programme shown by Channel 4 some months back was a much better representation of the Alien films.

Lets bring back Ridley Scott for Alien 5

**** me! I want! I want!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom