new air or pro

RobTi

looking to replace my 2017 10.8" pro and wondered what you would recommend an air or 11" pro, used for the usual stuff browsing, emails, music, youtube i can even get a macbook air for roughly the same price as the pro if it was recommended. i have a main pc that i use when needed.
Thanks

jdevil

Distinguished Member
If you are looking for a viable alternative for a MacBook (larger screen, office use, Photography and video editing, coding etc ) then the Pro would be for you.

If it's for the general day to day browsing/emails and youtube than the iPad Air will be more than capable for the next 3-4 years at the very least.

Last edited:

Lustral

Currys doing a deal where you can get £150 + the value of your current tablet as trade in. Making the iPad Air 64Gb at £350 or less.

Im going to trade in my old iPad 2 that I have kicking around for one.

Bargain

RobTi

Well I was torn between the pro and air and decided to go for the air got £255 plus £50 extra trade in for my 2017 64Gb pro so only £195 balance to pay and no problems doing it, and it had a couple of stuck pixels and sometimes froze for a second so I’m happy with the deal

Lustral

Nice one ... ill prolly go for the Air as I already have another 4 iPads in the household . 3 iPad Minis and a 12.9" iPad Pro so the iPad Air will be the middle ground .

RobTi

Nice one ... ill prolly go for the Air as I already have another 4 iPads in the household . 3 iPad Minis and a 12.9" iPad Pro so the iPad Air will be the middle ground .
Only used for browsing emails and the like anything else is done on the pc, maybe next year I will go for a MacBook

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Currys doing a deal where you can get £150 + the value of your current tablet as trade in. Making the iPad Air 64Gb at £350 or less.

Bargain
Yes, I traded in my iPad Air 1 today and got a new iPad Air 4 for £349. I only bought an iPad 8 from AO last week, luckily I hadn't opened it (birthday gift), so that's on the way back for a refund :smashin:. Bargain.

charliecossie

Bargain
Wrong (according to Currys website). The 150+ is only against a Macbook/Windows PC.

Lustral

Wrong (according to Currys website). The 150+ is only against a Macbook/Windows PC.
Well it has expired now .

I got £150 off the iPad Air when it was £499 ... also I did a price match with a certain vendor and got some vouchers from Perks at Work making the total outlay of a iPad Air at £256 wish, which is a bargain.

I would have only gotten an extra £4 for the iPad 2 I traded in if I was going for laptop. I got loads of those already.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom