New addition

Gizbert

Some of you will recall I posted on here a few weeks back following the loss of my old cat, Giz, who I had to have put down.

Well on a spur of the moment decision yesterday, I've now aquired a new member of the household. Meet April. A lovely black and white 9 week old kitten. It took about 10 attempts to take this as she would not sit still. :D

My older cat, Chilli, is not a happy cat and has done nothing but hiss and growl at her. Hopefully, she'll come round and they'll be best of buds soon.

Attachments

• 145948.jpg
    145948.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Gizbert

well I had to change out of my shorts not long ago as my legs were a great climbing frame. Lol. She's fast asleep again now.

shodan

Distinguished Member
Your older cat was growling? Erm, are you sure its a cat?

Joking aside, congrats on the new family member! (although I'm on the side of the canines. If it don't bark then its not a real pet...).

Gizbert

Oh yes, defo growling, and every other noise imaginable that cats make when they don't like something.:laugh:

Love dogs as well and used to have them, but would be unfair to have one now as away at work all day.

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Oh dear! She looks like trouble! What a mischievous face :D

Don't you just know it.

Is it me or does her head seem overly big to the rest of her body? :laugh:

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Don't you just know it.

Is it me or does her head seem overly big to the rest of her body? :laugh:

Kittens tend to grow into their heads, ears and feet. My parent's cat (now 15) looked like a bat when they got him.

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Kittens tend to grow into their heads, ears and feet.

Yeah I know, one of our ('home born') kittens had massive ears as she was tiny. Still is today and her ears look oversized.

With hindsight I should have called her Dumbo :laugh:

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Kittens tend to grow into their heads, ears and feet. My parent's cat (now 15) looked like a bat when they got him.

It's the same with big dogs and their feet. It's awesome seeing a little puppy with giant flippers :laugh:

Gizbert

Thank you all.

She is a gorgeous little kitten. Unfortunately, my other cat still doesn't think so. Just hope she comes round eventually and accepts her as a new playmate.

BTW, she was leaning towards the camera on my laptop when I took it which maybe why her head appears a bit big.

SyStemDeMoN

Distinguished Member
That cat is sickening - Its so cute I've just been sick on myself.

I'm sure it will take a few days for your older cat to become familier with your new cat, and there may be some 'domestics' as your new cat plays and pushes her luck with her new friend.

On a side note, introducing a new cat is the supposedly the most stressful thing an older cat can go through, so a bit of group pampering or some powdered cat nip should get the ball rolling nicely.

Shoka

some powdered cat nip should get the ball rolling nicely.

The equivalent of crack for kittens! Mine used to go nuts for the stuff, I'd walk in the door the the stuff and they'd be climbing the walls.

Sweet looking Kitten OP, wish my landlord would let us have pets :(

Gizbert

Just a quick update for those interested.

Something seemed to have sparked in Chilli (my 2yr old cat) who now realises that April is fun. After several days of spitting and growling (yes, I did try some cat-nip but didn't have any effect), I watched in amazement this morning as the two of them took it in turns to chase each other around the garden and house. :laugh:

I was in tears laughing so hard at them. The noise they made charging from room to room upstairs was incredible. Like a heard of elephants thumping around. Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes, Chilli had had enough and went back to her growling ways when April tried to carry on running up to her in that crab like move kittens do.

Still, good signs for a happy friendship between the two. Will be able to go to work tomorrow knowing they don't need to be locked in different parts of the house for the day.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom