New 65OLED806 ambilight + hue and "home" brightness

koalabadcow

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just got my 65OLED806 a couple of days ago and so far I'm loving the screen. Took some time to setup, arc doesn't seem to work with my JBL Link bar (stutters and cuts out, but don't really mind that) but there are 2 things which I can't seem to figure out, and which are so ambiguous that I can't properly google them.

First is I set up Ambilight + Hue, but whenever I turn the ambilight off though the remote, nearly ALL OTHER lights in my house turn on (I have about 50), which is really annoying when my partner is already sleeping. I resetted and reconfigurated but I can't seem to get rid of that.

Also, and a bit weirder, I got this TV because I used to run Kodi on my QNAP nas, but wanted to run it directly on the TV, which works fine. Thing is, the "home" interface, so the android TV menu with all the apps, is substantially less bright than the exact same interface though HDMI. Say I boot up kodi on the TV and on the QNAP, and just switch input from the on-tv-app to the kodi-app over HDMI, the HDMI interface is MUCH brighter. It makes subtitels gray instead of white. I've looked around, but I can't seem to find individual brightness/adaption settings for on-tv sources vs HDMI sources.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Hey guys!

I just got my 65OLED806 a couple of days ago and so far I'm loving the screen. Took some time to setup, arc doesn't seem to work with my JBL Link bar (stutters and cuts out, but don't really mind that) but there are 2 things which I can't seem to figure out, and which are so ambiguous that I can't properly google them.

First is I set up Ambilight + Hue, but whenever I turn the ambilight off though the remote, nearly ALL OTHER lights in my house turn on (I have about 50), which is really annoying when my partner is already sleeping. I resetted and reconfigurated but I can't seem to get rid of that.

Also, and a bit weirder, I got this TV because I used to run Kodi on my QNAP nas, but wanted to run it directly on the TV, which works fine. Thing is, the "home" interface, so the android TV menu with all the apps, is substantially less bright than the exact same interface though HDMI. Say I boot up kodi on the TV and on the QNAP, and just switch input from the on-tv-app to the kodi-app over HDMI, the HDMI interface is MUCH brighter. It makes subtitels gray instead of white. I've looked around, but I can't seem to find individual brightness/adaption settings for on-tv sources vs HDMI sources.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)
There is no fix for the hdmi being brighter than in-built apps, I raised it with Philips directly. There excuse is oled screen protection, they have no control over HDMI apparently (a load of rubbish but then their software generally is, there's a tonne of small issues all over)

For the lights. Do you use any of them with the tv? If not only use the standard ambilight and not the +hue setting.

If you do you'll need to go into your philips lighting app and go to the entertainment area settings. Delete all lights you don't want linked to the tv so only the ones you want are left. Then change the "When synch stops" setting to what you need.

Others have had issues with the ambilight creating new entertainment profiles constantly, if that happens then report it to philips and as I suggested before, just use standard ambilight.

I've looked around, but I can't seem to find individual brightness/adaption settings for on-tv sources vs HDMI sources.
It's not made very obvious, but the TV definitely remembers some settings on a per-input basis. When playing a (non-HDR) blu-ray on my PS5 it defaulted to 'standard', while freeview and other internal apps were already on filmmaker mode. I'm not sure if this is just for the 'picture style' settings or it extends to brightness etc. too. Also try confirm if it's just for the menus or video content too - the in-app menus seem do have some extra brightness lowering beyond actual content.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom