New 65" TV + Wall bracket

andy85wsm

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new TV. We are getting some work done in the house soon and someone has said they can put up the wall bracket for us.

We currently have a 46" TV sitting on a table in the kitchen but it's quite old and it's going on a wall where I think it will look too small so while the bracket is being done and given the cheap price of TVs it might be best to upgrade.

I'm in Ireland so needs to be delivered there.

What is the best budget 65" TV and wall bracket? It's only going to be used a few times a day with a Sky Q mini box so I'm not worried about it being able to do everything like the main one in front room.

There are TCL and JVC TVs on currys Ireland but not sure about them as a brand for TVs.

The cheapest Samsung is UE65TU7020KXXU - 729 euro which doesn't seem too bad. But I'm open to using other sites!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

JVC like Toshiba are not their own brand any more. They are bottom-barrel Vestel rebadges that are best avoided.

If you're looking for a TV with a VA type panel and can only find 2021-22 models then Samsung and TCL are your best bet.

2021-22 models are a bit overpriced at the minute, may be best trying to find a 2020 model at a discount instead if you can.

JVC like Toshiba are not their own brand any more. They are bottom-barrel Vestel rebadges that are best avoided.

If you're looking for a TV with a VA type panel and can only find 2021-22 models then Samsung and TCL are your best bet.

2021-22 models are a bit overpriced at the minute, may be best trying to find a 2020 model at a discount instead if you can.
What do you think of the one I mentioned? It's 720 euro which seems okay for a 65".

It's going on a wall where we probably want it fairly flat - is there a particularly good bracket that I should look at?

Its the new version of the TU models that are recommended in my guide, so it should perform around the same. Since its a 21-22 model it is on the expensive side right now, but there's not much you can do about that due to timing unless you can find a 20-21 model from my guide instead.

Its the new version of the TU models that are recommended in my guide, so it should perform around the same. Since its a 21-22 model it is on the expensive side right now, but there's not much you can do about that due to timing unless you can find a 20-21 model from my guide instead.
Thanks!

I actually looked up some of the ones in that guide and they either weren't available or more expensive so 729 euro for the 2021 model Samsung I linked originally seems fine to me for a kitchen TV.

Just need a bracket now, is there anything in particular I should look out for?

As long as it's rated to hold the weight of your TV that's all you need.

You might want to consider a mount that's designed to be close fitting if you want a flusher appearance or one that's tiltable if it's going to a little higher than ideal on the wall.

I'm going for an articulating mount on my next TV so it can tilt (don't really need that) pull out about 16" from the wall and swing around. I'm only interested in that as a couple of times it's been desirable to get into the back of the TV and I had to take it off the wall both times and enlist the help of friends or neighbours, whereas if it pulls out from the wall I have access.
The ability to swing around, again, may be beneficial depending upon how you're using it and where you can mount it.

As long as it's rated to hold the weight of your TV that's all you need.

You might want to consider a mount that's designed to be close fitting if you want a flusher appearance or one that's tiltable if it's going to a little higher than ideal on the wall.

I'm going for an articulating mount on my next TV so it can tilt (don't really need that) pull out about 16" from the wall and swing around. I'm only interested in that as a couple of times it's been desirable to get into the back of the TV and I had to take it off the wall both times and enlist the help of friends or neighbours, whereas if it pulls out from the wall I have access.
The ability to swing around, again, may be beneficial depending upon how you're using it and where you can mount it.

Great, thanks!

So if I go for this TV - SAMSUNG UE65TU7020KXXU 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

I could just buy this kind of bracket and then decide if we want to tilt it later? ONE FOR ALL WM6621 Tilt 32-90” TV Bracket

Yes, but you could spend about half that on Amazon on a tilting bracket.

Yes, but you could spend about half that on Amazon on a tilting bracket.

Do you have any recommendations? I'm keen to get the TV ordered soon, just need to make sure I know which bracket I'm getting.

Thinking some more about it I'm not sure we need a tilting one, it's not going to go up much higher than a standard kitchen table.

Perhaps a swivel might be better just because we can tilt it to the side a little.

Something like this perhaps? So can still have it flat enough on the wall if needed - Amazon product ASIN B07TTS7T3R

For a full tilting and swivel one, I would spend a bit more as they have to support the weight of the TV when the arm is extended and if the backplate or the supports aren't a decent quality metal of a good thickness I dread to think what would happen.
Looking at the reviews of that it's not wide enough to fit across a couple of studs, which you need for this type of mount IMO. You don't want to be putting a large TV into an articulating mount on plasterboard. If it's going into brick though, you'd be fine.

Also, be aware the swivel degree will be compromised by the size of your TV, you can articulate a smaller TV to a larger angle than a large one.

I've never had an articulating mount before, so I can't recommend a specific one.

I'm in the market for a new TV. We are getting some work done in the house soon and someone has said they can put up the wall bracket for us.

We currently have a 46" TV sitting on a table in the kitchen but it's quite old and it's going on a wall where I think it will look too small so while the bracket is being done and given the cheap price of TVs it might be best to upgrade.

I'm in Ireland so needs to be delivered there.

What is the best budget 65" TV and wall bracket? It's only going to be used a few times a day with a Sky Q mini box so I'm not worried about it being able to do everything like the main one in front room.

There are TCL and JVC TVs on currys Ireland but not sure about them as a brand for TVs.

The cheapest Samsung is UE65TU7020KXXU - 729 euro which doesn't seem too bad. But I'm open to using other sites!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bracket for large TV:

Amazon product ASIN B07MXDCT7S
I’m afraid I don’t know if it’s available via Amazon in the Republic of Ireland.

Regards,
James.

Bracket for large TV:

Amazon product ASIN B07MXDCT7S
I’m afraid I don’t know if it’s available via Amazon in the Republic of Ireland.

Regards,
James.
Great thanks,

so you think that will be enough to hold the TV? I can't get the weight to load but I think it's about 25kg and the bracket says it will do 60kg.

Just need to hope the plug for the TV reaches while it's up on the wall. Right now we have an 8 year old 46" TV so this should be a bit upgrade.

Note that that one doesn't swivel, it just tilts. For a tilting bracket, it will be fine.

Note that that one doesn't swivel, it just tilts. For a tilting bracket, it will be fine.

Yeah that's fine.

On second thoughts I'm not sure we need a swivel. Biggest angle we would be at would be 45 degrees if that, most of the time we'd be right in front so swivel isn't really needed.

It's just for the kitchen so won't be used all the time.

Will order the TV and bracket tomorrow - cheers all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom