Answered New 65"TV - LG 65EC970V Vs Samsung UE65JS9500

mortc002

Standard Member
Reaction score
So as it stands these are the two options I have narrowed things down too.

I'd rather not have a curve however due to having vouchers I need to buy at John Lewis, this means the flat LG's aren't in the mix.

I have wanted an OLED for over 5 years, lusting over the promise they have had since the early previews. That said the Samsung looks amazing so should I wait for another 4/5 years until I finally get an OLED???

I will mainly be watching Netflix, Sky Q (soon) and Xbox One as well as fully legit blueray downloads too.

I am looking for anyone with a comment on how they copare after a similar search as I have already spent a lot of time on multiple reviews of each!

Thanks in advance

Well I wouldn't buy the LG oled as it's outdated now IMO, does it even do HDR, certainly not over hdmi it doesn't as far as I know. As for the Samsung I would have thought you'd be better off getting the new Panasonic TX65DX902B which is imminent (next week) and the rrp is £3299 (although Curry's, RS and JL have recently increased the price to £3499 but there's no reason JL shouldn't pricematch with eg TPS at £3299). The AVF review for the Panasonic should be out today or tomorrow, I'm fairly certain it's going to be an amazing TV and would certainly be top of my shortlist and definitely higher up than that LG oled. Hth

Good point on the OLED, that will wait for now.
Ok so I have seen both the Panasonic and the Samsung for £3200 and am struggling to decide as both are in incredible.
the fact I would have to mount the Panasonic due to the size of base Vs my tv table may swing it in Samsung favour.

Are there any points from the Pansonic the Samsung is not matching?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom