new 65"tv just for watching tv

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by jmurphy, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jmurphy

jmurphy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am looking for a new tv 65", i will be watching through a sky hd box only, may upgrade to sky q, blu ray/ dvd and no gaming.was looking at the Sony xe9005 ,xe9305 but do these tvs have issues when used with a sky box.watch a lot of sport ,movies and a bit of sd.have a budget of 1500 -2000.sound is not an issue as have a 5.1 set up. a good picture is the main concern with viewing angles from around 35 degrees to straight on.thanks.

2. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    IMG_3547.jpg

3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,356
    I can safely say there is no TV you can buy now that doesn't have reported judder issues. There is a reason for it and you can't avoid it. If you feel you can't live with any kind of judder issues you really need to demo each TV before you buy as one mans "judder" is another "smooth".

Its hard really to say that now when you probably can't demo at a store right now but be sure whatever you buy you can return it if you aren't happy.

I wrote more about motion here: Guide: Motion explanation and Best Buys for motion 2017 Edition

4. jmurphy

jmurphy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Dodgexander.my dad just got a PANASONIC TX-58EX700B and watching that was fine no issues with blur or judder that i could notices maybe i am over thinking things on the motion front.

5. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,356
    Perhaps you are. The EX700 technically will have worse judder than any TV you are considering as it uses a 60hz panel.

But perhaps you just like Panasonics motion handling the best? Thats the problem, everyone views things differently.

I think you should get the Sony XE9005 or XE9305. Since you probably can't view it now before you buy I would make sure you get it from a reputable dealer with a good return policy just in case.

To be honest, 99% of my guide on motion is useless to most people. I think most people will be happy with any TV. Its really written for those who find and are sensitive to judder.

6. jmurphy

jmurphy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Dodgexander do you think its worth the extra £300 for the 9305 (£1999 at curry) over the 9005(£1699).is pq a lot better and sound (60w vs 20w).have noticed theres a big difference in weight .cheers

7. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,356
    It depends how much HDR you watch. The higher end model really only shines better with a HDR source.

No idea about the sound, it will likely get louder if its more powerful but all flat screens sound bad that a basic sound bar will easily beat all.