New 65 & 75" tv's

Gwazi205

Novice Member
New 65 & 75" tv's

Hi,
Brand new member here, so be gentle!
I am putting a small cinema room in our loft conversion and require a 75" tv for viewing, there is only two of us and we will viewing from straight on. This will be mainly for HDR movies.

Also decided to replace my older Samsung 55 HU8200 downstsirs which is still a reasonable picture. Again viewing is straight on from about 9ft away. This will be the main TV and will be used for sky q hd and 4k viewing especially sports, cricket and football. OLED will not be applicable due our viewing content and bright room.

I have been to RS today and they have offered me the following: X1 75 q8dn, X1 65 q8dn, a Samsung HW-N850 soundbar and a LG UBK80 HDD Blu ray player for £5899.00, including the Samsung phone deal in which I will be able claim 2 and sell them.

Any thoughts on this deal and any recommendations? If I go for the q9fn 65 will there be much difference for downstsirs viewing from the 9 feet compared to the Q8dn? Another thought is having a 65 " oled in the loft instead of the 75", or would you go for the maximum size?

Many thanks in Adavance

Dodgexander

Given you can sell both phones its hard to find value in other TVs right now.

Even though the Q8DN for downstairs is probably overkill for current uses, it may be worth the extra for its HDR performance in the future since it will only cost circa £300-400 extra (post sale of Galaxy S9) compared to competition.

I can't really comment on the soundbars as I know little about them, I will say you probably want to pair the Samsung model with a player that supports HDR10+ as LG support dolby vision HDR which Samsung do not.

Gwazi205

Novice Member
Thank you for your reply. Will look at some of the Panasonic players which support HDR 10 +.
RS flash deal on the Q8dn 65 is up tomorrow, so will need to make my decision asap.

Dodgexander

Next best deal would probably be buying something cheaper for downstairs like the Hisense U7A or Samsung NU8000 and then either going for the Samsung Q9FN upstairs with the money saved or the Sony XF9005.

The Q9FN will best the Q8DN with HDR, the Sony XF9005 is around on par with the Q8DN.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom